Chapter 1

~edited 11/26/17
*Laurance's POV*

So. All this insanity started with just hanging out with my friends, just like I did every week. Having a conversation like we would any other day.

"Oh my Irene, Aphmau! You are insane!"

"Lemme finish my story, Laurance! Ok, so me and my friend decided hiding where we could fall five stories to the ground was a bit extreme for a game of hide and seek, so we --"

I never said they were normal conversations.

A knock on the door had cut the raven haired girl short.

"Who could that be?" Katelyn asks, confusion flooding her tone.

"Yeah, we're all here, no one else should be coming." Dante says, flicking his own navy blue hair out of his face.

He was right, all of us were there. Aphmau, Katelyn, Dante, Travis, Kawaii~Chan, and I. That was supposed to be it for the night.

"By any chance did someone order a pizza?" Travis grins, obviously thinking his joke was hilarious.

"Shut up, Travis." Katelyn groans, as she does nearly every time the white haired flirt opened his mouth.

The knock sounds again, a little louder this time.

"Whoever it is, they are certainly persistent!" Kawaii~Chan says, her black cat ears twitching towards the sound.

"Aphmau, shouldn't you answer that? It is your house." I gesture to her and she huffs.

"Nah, it's probably just some door-to-door salesman trying to sell me more crap. Now, back to my story! So me and the other kid head back to the window to go back inside, but apparently he shut it, locking us out! So we're stuck on this ledge, like super high off the gro-" Aph is stopped midstory once again, this time by an odd patterned knock.

Her amber eyes widen and she runs to the door, and I can hear it fling open.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHA!" Her excited squeal could probably be heard from the moon.

A moment later a small *thud* could be heard, followed by a male, slightly british voice.

"Oof! Take it easy, 'Mau!"

The rest of the group share confused glances, then we stand, heading to the other room to see what all the fuss is about.

'Who in the world could that be to make Aph so excited?' I remember thinking.

We walk into the front room, to see an extremely thrilled Aphmau hugging someone I'd never met before, and judging by the looks on everyone else's faces, neither had they.

"Oh my Irene, Gar! Why didn't you tell me you were coming down to visit! ITS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!"

"Uhhmmm, Aph? Care to introduce us to this mystery man to us?" Katelyn jokes, a tinge a jealousy in her tone.

Our energetic friend lets go of the guy finally, and we all can get a good look at him.

Now, I could tell you how he was tall, around 6 feet, or how he had sandy blond hair, or that he had the bluest eyes.

Instead, I'll tell you how he shifted his weight onto one side, how his hair curled slightly at the ends, falling into his face, showing how he tried to brush it out but failed, and how his smile almost hid the bag under his eyes, showing all his sleepless nights.

Somehow, without even a word, this man had captured my full attention.

I shake my head after a few moments of staring at him like some sort of psychopath. I don't know what overtook me there, being immediately interested in the new guy.

But, damn, was he attractive.

The man shifts his weight, obviously feeling almost as awkward as I was. There's no way he didn't notice me staring like an absolute idiot.

"Guys, this is my best friend from O'khasis, Garroth!" Aph chirps, finally giving the stranger a name.

I'm sure half the room noticeably winced at the O'khasis part. It was indefinitely known as the most homophobic, racist, most cruel place in the world. Garroth picks up on the sour expressions and sighs.

"Yeah, yeah, O'khasis definitely is not the best place to be from. I'm glad to inform you that I hated it there just as much than you hate it from a distance." Garroth says with an accented voice and another bright smile.

He smiles a lot.

Everyone seems to have relaxed some from his easygoing nature, but Katelyn was still kinda giving him the death glare.

Kawaii~ Chan pipes up, her high pitched voice piercing the silence.

"Hi, Garroth~kun! I'm Kawaii~Chan!"

"I'm Travis."

"The name's Dante."

Katelyn still did not look pleased with Garroth's presence. "Katelyn."

Yikes, if looks could kill.

I realize it's my turn to introduce myself. "Hey, I'm Laurance." I smile, knowing how extremely uncomfortable Katelyn's stare could be.

"And obviously there's no need to introduce me!" Aphmau says, a cute grin across her face.

"Yep, sadly, I already know you." Garroth teases, earning a playful punch in the arm from the shorter girl, and a few chuckles from Travis, Dante, and Kawaii~Chan.

Katelyn and I stay completely silent, sharing a glance and an unasked question.

"Soooo Garroth! How long have you and Aph been dating?" Travis says, making the question no longer unasked.

The two in question laugh, as if it were the best joke they had heard in a long time.

"Oh please, I'm WAY out of his league!" Aph says, flipping her dark hair out of her face with as much sass as her small frame could muster.

"Yeah," Garroth laughs. "We're just close friends."

Katelyn finally relaxes, letting out a sigh.

"So, stranger, why did you decide to suddenly come down to visit our Aphmau? O'khasis is a long trip just for a little visit to see an old childhood friend." Katelyn asks a good question, and Garroth grins, as if he had been waiting for that exact question.

"Well, I'm actually not down here for a 'little visit,'" He says, earning a few stares from the whole audience.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Aphmau squeaks, sounding almost a bit offended.

'Well, Mau, it means that you should be seeing a lot more of me nowadays."

"Wait. You can't mean?!" Aph squeals, excitement brimming in her voice and glowing in her eyes.

"Indeed it does, Aphy. Guess who just moved to Phoenix Drop!"

Aphmau squees, attacking her friend with another vicious hug, almost knocking him to the ground.

This could definitely get interesting.

~°~°~°~°~

And another chapter is out for you lovelies reading! Hope you enjoyed! Please do correct me if anything in here is wrong, or it will bother me and everyone reading forever. 😅

Bye bye~

Edit: I added the prologue to this chapter, as it seemed more appropriate, and made a few other minor changes, so now it's a ton better yeet