Chapter Eight

Bolded words are memories.

Sasuke's Point of View

           "Okay I will continue on. After he finished his mission, he was told that they could not keep it a secret. The clan had been a powerful one. They needed someone to blame it on. Itachi knew this going in. He took the shame of being named a traitor to the village. He also joined the Akatsuki to spy on them from the inside. He did all of this to protect the village that he loves." He finishes quietly.

           I let the information seep into me. Itachi did all of this for the village? And for me? It is a lot to take in. I hate the village for making him do this. He killed them on their orders and they turn him into a missing nin. They make him risk his life to spy on the Akatsuki. And for what? To protect this shit hole of a village. This village has done nothing but torment Naruto, and now he finds out what it did to his brother. The torment he himself has been through from the murder. The torment it must have caused his brother at having to kill his family.

           "I know what you are thinking Sasuke. But hear me out. I hate this crap hole just as much as you. But Itachi did not. He believed that this village was worth it all. He did all of that for the village and for you. If you destroy what he worked so hard for, could you live with that? That would make his sacrifice for nothing. I do not care what you decide, I will be there for you no matter what. I just want you to have a clear head about this. I do not want you to have regrets." Naruto said sternly.

           I thought about what he said. He was right, no matter how much I hate this village for what they did to him. I can not deny the love Itachi had for it. He sacrificed so much for this damn wasteland. The least I could do is honor his wishes. If I enact revenge it would be like spitting on what he worked so hard for.

            "I agree with you Naruto. But Danzo can not get away with this. He can not. We have to let the Hokage know about this, if she won't do anything than I will take care of it myself." I ground out threateningly. He shakes his head.

           "No, we will take care of it. Together." He says with determination in his eyes. I smile and rest my head against his forehead. A sudden thought makes me break away.

           "If this is all on a scroll does that mean Tsunade already knows?" I ask. He looks a little embarrassed, which confuses me.

           "Well.. probably not. You see I took the scroll with me that day. I brought it to show you. I knew that I could not show it to you when we were younger. I knew you would have done something stupid. No offense. But if I had shown it to you before you tried to go with Orochimaru it would have ended badly. I knew it would have to wait until I knew you could handle it. So I do not think she knows about it. It is protected in my apartment." He says with worry on his face. I know he is worried that I am mad at him.

           "It's okay. You are right. If I had known about it years ago, I would have done something stupid. But if we show her the scroll then it will have all the proof we need against Danzo." I said. He shook his head. Which caused me to frown.

            "It does not have everything in it. The scroll does not have anything about what Danzo did in it. It has nothing of him stealing Shisui's eye. I found out about that straight from Itachi himself." I look sharply at him. Wondering when he talked to Itachi.

             He holds his hands up in defense. "To be fair he does not even know that I know. It was during the time he came to take me with him and Kisame. When you came to fight him. He had activated his Sharingan against you. When he did I saw all of his memories about the incident. I think seeing you made him relive them in a way. He was not aware that I had seen them. I am not even sure how it happened. It could be like what happened now. I have no idea. I did not tell anyone though." He told me squeezing my hand.