Chapter Twenty Three...

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, but you're going to have to wait for her guardian to arrive, If you're really her boyfriend, I'm sure you will know who that is." She said, dismissing me.

"For fucks sake." I grumbled, before I sat beside Benito. "She's such a bitch."

"She's just doing her job." Benito spoke, directing it to not only me but Mirco and Carlo, who were still cursing her existence.

"Yeah well, she could have at least told me if she was okay. And from what Carlo said on the phone, she was being a stupid bitch." I replied.

"Carlo and Mirco were lying to her, yes she may have been unnecessarily rude to them, but this is her job, she's probably been doing it for years, meaning she can most likely tell when two males are lying to her. And she legally can't tell you anything without the victims next to kin present." He told me, before leaning back and sighing. "I know how you're feeling, you feel helpless, and you're wondering if there's anything you can do to help. Well the answer is there is nothing you can do. This is their job; they are the only ones who can help them." He told me, "At least that's what I'm telling myself." He mumbled quietly.

"What I don't understand is how Alexis got to the gas station in the first place... A witness told the police that they saw her get taken. Asher can't have been stupid enough to let the one thing he could use against me slip through his fingers..." I spoke aloud, not really aiming it at anybody.

"Maybe she got away." Mirco suggested.

"But how? The state she was in when I saw her wheeled in is fucking shocking. She would have been in extreme pain." Carlo spoke, adding his opinion.

"Cameron street is nowhere near the crash site. In fact, it's across town. So wherever she was taken must be in that general area. He must have a hideout in the run down part. There's hardly anyone around there so it would be an ideal place to take victims." I decided.

Just then, holly burst in, holding Jake's hand.

She let go of him as she ran over to the receptionist, causing Jake to run over to me, before climbing onto my lap.

"Where's Lex?" He asked, before rubbing his eyes tiredly, he was still in his Spider man pyjamas and frog slippers.

"She's getting help from the doctors." I told him softly.
"Is she going to be okay?" He asked, "I'm not sure buddy." I told him, before he pushed his head into my chest and burst into tears.

I held him as he cried, rubbing his back soothingly, until he drifted off to sleep.

"Did they tell you anything?" I asked Holly, as she sat across from me.

"Apparently she hasn't woken up since the ambulance officers picked her up. They're trying to stop the bleeding, setting her arm in a cast and checking her for other injuries, but that's all the receptionist knows at the moment." She told me, before blowing air out of her mouth loudly. "It's just a waiting game now. And I have no idea how long we'll be waiting..."

"How's Lorenzo?" She asked, after twenty minutes of silence.

"He's got multiple broken ribs is bleeding profusely, and is also unconscious." Falco told her, before trying to get comfortable on the hospital chairs, by resting his legs on Carlo and closing his eyes.

Carlo was quick to push his legs off, "If I don't get to sleep, then neither do you." He snapped at him, before standing up and walking to the vending machine full of sodas.

How ironic, having unhealthy food in a hospital.

"Do you want me to take him?" Holly asked, gesturing to Jake, who was fast asleep on me.