"The time of day is about the right one for you to go participate in Mischief Night, it starts in 5," El attempted with an innocent smile, hoping he'd give her a free pass.

       Isaac sighed, "Elora, what's going on?"

       El pulled the witch hat off of her head, setting it on top of a decorations box. "It's someone who doesn't deserve the time of day."

       "Care to elaborate?" Isaac questioned as he crossed his arms loosely.

       "I'd prefer not to, but his name's Charlie. He's been exiled in Russia for the past 5 years." Elora looked annoyed just talking about it. "Deucalion had only heard of him dealing with a situation like ours and I guess he thought that he was helping by giving that asshole my phone number."

       "On the bright side, you don't need this Charlie guy. All the doors are shut," Isaac offered as he held out a hand to her.

       El softly smiled, letting Isaac pull her into a hug. Able to see the microwave clock, she leaned back while keeping her arms around him. "Mischief Night has officially begun, Lahey. The high school needs trashing and Coach's house needs to be an omelette."

     "Y'know," Isaac thoughtfully said, "I think I could get into just as much mischief here." Grinning, he leaned in and pressed his lips to Elora's.

       El smiled as he pulled away, "Y'know, I think you're right."

       And while the quaint Danielson house was exempt, hell was breaking loose around town just as mass murderer William Barrow was admitted into Beacon Hills Memorial.

x x

       With morning lingering over Beacon, Isaac shook his head as he leaned on the breakfast counter. "I don't think you should go alone."

       Pouring a cup of coffee, Elora looked over to Isaac with half a smile. "I'm a big girl, Isaac. And I'm not going to be alone, Marin is there."

       "I don't exactly find that comforting, seeing as she was Deucalion's emissary," countered Isaac.

       "Duke would have killed her otherwise, Isaac. I know her, it'll be fine."

       Isaac watched Elora with a lifted eyebrow, "You're willingly going to Eichen House."

       "I know it's terrifying but I can handle myself. I'm going for Malia," she told him as she lidded her coffee cup. She tied up the top half of her dark hair in a clean knot.

       Narrowing his eyes, he'd only now realized the classy black trousers and flattering white blouse. "You look like your Winchester persona...Eichen isn't just to keep an eye on Malia, is it?"

        El took a sip of her French roast, "I may or may not have a job there."

       "No interview first?" questioned the beta as he leaned forward on his elbows.

       "I didn't need one for the high school, did I?" she retorted with a grin as she set her mug down. "It's temporary, just like the school. I can't sit on my ass all day, I need something to do." She checked her watch, "And you need to get to school."

       Never liking that sentence from Elora, he grumbled in response. "But only because it's Mischief Day and we're allowed to throw toilet paper through the halls without getting in trouble."

       El smiled as she went around the kitchen counter and kissed Isaac warmly. "Now you've gotta go make up for missing last night."

       Laughing, Isaac kissed her forehead before standing from the counter and grabbing his backpack off of the small dining table. "Be safe."