Loved - Shin Tsukinami x Insecure!Reader

Everything about you was a lie.

Not that you didn't existed. Oh no, you existed alright.

You existed a bit too much.

You let everyone always know that you were there. Your appearence alone was enough to demand all attention from male and female.

You made sure your hair was always in place and shining. Your face was always covered in carefully applied make up, making sure nobody was looking elsewhere too soon before giving you attention. Your skin was adorned with the lightest of scars, on your face as well as your body. You would never even think about showing them anybody, for you were scared of being rejected. You made sure everything was covered by a thin and maybe, if needed, a thick layer of concealer and foundation. Your nails seemed to be polished as a result of you taking good care of them every day.

Those alone were enough to please the eye and tempte man and woman. But you didn't stop there.

You needed to be a hundred percent sure that nobody would dare to betray you as well as to not lay a finger upon you. Because if they did, you would be exposed and be alone again. And that was exactly what you were trying to avoid by becoming the most dazzling, lovely, mesmeric damsel out of all.

You acted as someone you were not in front of others. It was as if you needed to succeed playing this role or else your school musical would be a disaster just because of you.

You acted like a woman that was never mad, never sad. Never was she tempted by anything, never would she accept her human normalities. You never gave in, you were the female every damsel would only dream to be. You were living the dreams of others while for you it was a mere nightmare.

You couldn't be yourself. You had dug your own grave already. If you were to go back to the real you, people would only hate you, would they not? They would surely be disgusted by the act you have been living by all this time. They would look you in the eyes, then at all your flaws, turn away their heads and laugh. Right?

They did it before, so why wouldn't they do it again?

You had always raised your head and walked past them, always pretending to ignore them. Their hurtful comments never failed to reach your ears though.

'Sickening.'

'Foul.'

'Too rotten, do you not agree, love?'

All the detestable words leaving their lips scarred you, haunting you to this day. They made you believe you were not good enough. Not even a peasant would want you, not that you thought of them lowly, you just thought too lowly of yourself.

Be that as it may, there was someone. A certain man that was even more captivated by your beauty then anyone else. He was not affected by your facade, but by the true you.

The you, you have been hiding for so long now. But, how was that possible? Who could possibly endure looking at you for more then two seconds before turning their back?

This man, however, could.

What he could not was to avert his eyes from you, be it during the day or night. He was, as they call it, peculiar. He was a vampire.

He was imperfect himself, so what reason did he have to judge other beings?

Furthermore, he was entranced by you. Your scars, your body, your eyes, your lips, your nose, your cheeks, your delicate hands, your personality, your emotions, your heart.

Being a vampire gave him a bundle of advantages when it came to you. For one, he could see what you were feeling anytime. He focused on your expression, something he could do from great distances, and read it easily. He could hear your heartbeat, he heard your blood pump through your veins. He always knew where you were. Always.