Chapter Five

Scarlet opened her mouth to call Tommy, but quickly realized he couldn't come until she came to get him. This thought put a smile on her face. She walked calmly over to the playpen and picked him up to bring him over to the table.
"I can walk you know!" Tommy remarked angrily.
"The deal is that you do what I say and I say you better behave and listen to me or you will be really sorry." Scarlet snapped back.
This quick response almost immediately silenced the boy. She placed him down into the chair and stepped back.
"Why aren't you eating?" Tommy inquired curiously.
"I will eat later. I have to watch and help you." Scarlet countered.
"You better eat every last bite of that yourself like a big boy or I will feed you myself."
Tommy quickly took a large bite of the salad, forcing a smile on his face. In this fashion he proceeded to eat almost the whole meal. Scarlet then picked up the fork and fed him the last few bites.
"I told you would have to eat it all."She said matter of factly. "It's time for bed!"
Before he could protest she carried him back to the nursery to put him to sleep. She strapped him onto the changing table, removed the old diaper, and layered on three along with some plastic pants and a snap onesie. She tied the pacifier around the back of this head in a tight knot.

"Now that you're dressed, I think you're set." She cooed tickling him under the chin. In the crib she had straps added so the older kids she watched wouldn't get out in the middle of the night. Knowing this would be a necessary precaution, she strapped his legs and arms down to the crib, then she locked the crib.

"Night sweetie!" Scarlet called feeling triumphant.