Chapter two

Maria, not wanting to be late, opened the door frantically.

"Hi!" Scarlet exclaimed excitedly. "You must be Tommy! Oh my aren't you just darling! Just like a little munchkin."

"Hey." Tommy responded dryly, fearful this would be a really long three months.

Scarlet was a British American beauty. Her strawberry blonde hair was worn in a perfect French braid, which fell ever so perfectly down her slender neck. She sported a simple mint sundress that showcased her perfect curves. The strappy sandels she wore made her seem almost too good to be true. She had just finished school in London and didn't have much experience with children. She loved helping people and caring for children always made her happy. So when she got the opportunity to help someone by watching their kid for three months it was an offer she couldn't refuse. What little experience she did have was mostly with infants and toddlers. Scarlet was always up for a challenge so she would take this head on.

"My cab should be here any minute. Is this there anything you need?" Maria asked, completely ignoring her son.

"Just one thing, I have an apartment very close by here. A lot of my stuff is there including some stuff I keep there for little ones. Would be able to run him over there if I need something?" Scarlet inquired.

"Anytime at all...."

Screech!

"Looks like my cab is here. My number is on the fridge if you need me." Maria said scrambling out the door.

"So, what do you want to do?" Scarlet asked Tommy.

"Nothing!" Tommy stormed out of the room and up the stairs to his room, slamming the door behind him.

Scarlet, surprisingly fast, ran up the stairs and burst into the boys bedroom.

"Sit." She commanded. Tommy, startled by how serious she was, sat down right away.

"Good. Now, I know this is hard on you but I really need you to behave like a good little boy for me. Okay?" Scarlet stated.

"Ok." Tommy replied.

"You hungry? I can make you something to eat. But if I make it I expect you to eat it." Scarlet asked Tommy trying to make him feel better.

"I'm starving." Tommy replied ravenously.

"Great. You can go watch tv while I make you something. " Scarlet countered happy that she had found a solution.
"Time to make a good grilled cheese." Scarlet thought to herself.
Scarlet didn't know what he liked so she just went with what she knew. She pulled prunes, sharp cheddar, and tomatoes out of the fridge.The younger kids she had watched had not even noticed the healthy fruit in their favorite snack.

"Tommy! Your food is ready." Scarlet called.

Tommy almost immediately wolfed down his whole sandwich, none the wiser of the extra ingredients inside.
"Why don't you lie down for a little bit, bud?" Scarlet encouraged.

"I don't need a nap! I'm a big kid." Tommy whined.

"It's not just a little kid thing to need to decompress and rest. You've been up for a while and you would feel so much better if you just took a little break. I really don't want to have to tell your mum you're being difficult. I think she would want you to be good for me." Scarlet added kindly.

"Fine." Tommy gave in.

"Do you wet the bed sweetie?" Scarlet questioned.

"I'm not a little baby so no." Tommy retorted.

"Off to bed you go then." Scarlet said firmly while following him up to his room. She gently pulled back the covers of his bed.

"Get in kiddo." Scarlet commanded.

Tommy reluctantly climbed in.

She then proceeded to pull up the covers.

"Oh my goodness I almost forgot. Don't you need, what do you call them, pajamas?"

She fumbled around his dresser for a minute while she found them.

"Alright now you should be good to go." Scarlet tucked him in tight and then turned off the lights.

An hour and a half later, Tommy woke up shocked and soaked for that matter. He hadn't wet the bed in years past and was quite perplexed to why he had now.

Seemingly out of nowhere Scarlet was already knocking on the door.

"I'm coming in." She announced.

The look on her face was an odd mixture of pity, shame, and pure disappointment.

"You didn't have to lie to me." Scarlet said shaking her head.

"I.. I didn't." Tommy stammered. 
"I hadn't wet in so long!" He started to cry from embarrassment.

"No need to be ashamed." Scarlet smiled reassuringly.  "Why don't we go to my place and get you cleaned up?"