Chapter Three

Scarlet lifted the small, wet boy and carried him to the bathroom.

"Get on the scale." Scarlet commanded.

"Why?" Tommy asked confusedly.

"I can't keep fighting you. I need to see how much you weigh so I can see how much of a boost you need." She answered agitated. "If you keep arguing you will be in big trouble."

Tommy nodded and stepped onto the scale.  He weighed fifty eight pounds.

"I guess you need a car seat." Before he could even protest Scarlet picked him and brought him to her car. She strapped him in tight and to her surprise it was a perfect fit. On the way to her place Tommy fell asleep.

"This makes my life easier." Scarlet thought as she pulled into the driveway of her apartment complex.

She wasted no time unbuckling and carrying him inside. She then brought him to a room she liked to call the nursery. Fitting to the name, the nursery was decked out with all you would come to expect like a changing table, crib, and a rocking chair. Tommy was very small for his age so everything fit him almost too perfectly. Then Scarlet strapped him on to the changing table and pulled off his wet clothes. She smothered him in baby powder and put him in a thick disposable diaper. A job well done, she put him in the crib and, as an extra safety measure she put the locking wall up. Scarlet decided she would come back in a half an hour.