Chapter 9

"Rufus.." Hunter whispers.
Rufus drives away in his car.
Hunter stands, frozen in awe and shock.
~
The Sibuna Gang have a meeting in Annika and Danya's room.
"Okay, so Tommy and Savanna are going to publish an article about Senkhara." Annika explains. "But that would ruin everything for us! We have to stop the article from getting out!"
"But how?" Tyler asks.
"Tommy and Savanna are the ones who write the article." Danya says. "Sami's the one that publishes it."
"So, if we get Sami to remove it.." Elayna realizes. "We're safe."
"But how do we get her to remove it?" Jamal asks.
"It's obvious." Annika faces Jamal. "You have to talk to her and persuade her."
"You're okay with that?" Jamal asks.
"Jamal... seriously, stop asking me that. We. Broke. Up. We're over. I don't care with whatever happens between you and Sami because we're not together."
Jamal looks down.
"Ouch." Tyler winces.
"I'll do it." Jamal leaves.
"And Tommy and Savanna were also recording everything in the halls." Annika says. "Danya and Tyler, if you review the footage... maybe we'll find out who took the dollhouse."
"Why do I have to do it with him?" Danya groans.
"Just do it, please." Annika says.
~
Jamal enters Sami's room and she smiles when she sees him.
"Hey, Jamal!" She goes to him. "What's up?"
"I need to talk to you." Jamal says. "It's about the new article Tommy and Savanna are writing. I need you to take it down and not publish it."
"What, why?"
"For personal reasons. I'm sorry, just do it. For me."
"Of course I'll do it if you want me to. But on one condition."
"And what is that?" Jamal asks.
"You choose me over Annika."
Jamal takes a deep breath.
"I mean, you and Annika have been broken up for months now. It doesn't seem like things are getting any better and there's no reason to wait anymore if she's so defiant on being done with you." Sami states.
"You're right." Jamal says.
He goes to her and encloses his hands around her's.
"I choose you, Sami."
And they lean in for a kiss.