13 ࿂ this isn't salvation

When Amanda Waller exited the small room she had been trapped in for over a day, she certainly didn't expect a warm welcome. She also didn't expect to see Zolita sitting in a pile of broken glass with her back facing a several hundred foot drop. There wasn't even an inch between Zolita's back and the empty air.

     "No way," drawled out Harley, her bat strewn over her shoulders as she watched Amanda.

     Everyone stood, including Zolita. Amanda glanced at the stripper and noticed how trickles of blood ran down her leg. The criminals closed in on the agent, silent.

     "Let's go home." Flag declared, licking his dry lips as he scans the group.

     "Yeah, lets go home. That sounds good." Boomerang responds, his voice low with anger. "That sounds good! Do you guys want to go home?" The man's voice raised as he asked the next question. "Hm? Or do you want to go back to prison?"

     Harley looked over at Boomerang and shook her head, "I'm not going back to prison."

     "All I'm saying is that we should kill the pair of them now before they kill us," suggested Boomerang, motioning towards Amanda and Flag.

     Katana stepped forward, beginning to pull out her sword. Amanda, however, put an arm out and stopped the woman. "I got this."

     Amanda reached into her coat pocket. "You all made it this far. Don't get high-spirited on me and ruin a good day," hummed the agent as she waved her phone in the air. On the phone was a series of buttons that would detonate the bombs in all of the prisoners necks.

     Zolita, who had been eerily quiet, finally spoke. "You aren't going to push it."

     "What?" Amanda asked, her eyebrows furrowed in shock.

      "I don't feel it. You won't push it. For a ruthless woman you really are a fucking pussy, aren't you?"

     "Don't tempt me, Zolita." Amanda warned, her thumb hovering over Zolita's face on the screen. It was a recent mugshot, and the stripper was grinning wildly in the photo.

     "I know you've seen what I did," claims Zolita, changing the topic. "You know what happened. Your men, your supposedly noble men, tried to kill my family." Zolita turned to face the rest of the group, her arms spread out and a small grin on her face. "Can anyone guess what happened after that?" Zolita turned back around to face Amanda. "I screamed. My scream reacted faster than a bullet. Do you think I can scream faster than you can push that button?"

     "Do you want to test your luck?" Amanda asked, repressing any bit of nervousness inside of her. It was true, the agent did know what had happened. The scream that Zolita released, however, was labeled an independent incident. The stripper had never used it before that point, and the agent assumed that the Latina was unsure of how to even use that aspect of her powers.

     "Maybe I should," pressed Zolita, her eyes peering into Amanda's.

"Zolita, stop." Flag demanded, stepping forward and pushing the Latina back. The soldier was unsure of where the woman's erratic nature suddenly emerged from. One moment, she was a broody criminal. The next, she giggled in the face of death. There seemed to be no reasoning behind the Latina's mood swings.

The room was tense for a moment. It was almost silent with the exception of Croc's growling. Amanda looked into Zolita's eyes, despite the motion allowing the Latina to control the agent if she wanted. Amanda then pursed her lips as she tucked her phone back into her jacket and walked out of the room. The agent was followed by Flag and Katana.