9 ࿂ the voice of god

Griggs came to escort Zolita to the outside world the next day. The girl no longer had the metal contraption on her head, but the guard quickly blindfolded her. Zolita barely even flinched at the intrusion, rather she chuckled lightly. Griggs was scared of her. Before, she was unable to access the true nature of her abilities. After yesterday, the man suddenly understood what the Latina was capable of.

"It's really endearing that you find me that threatening." Zolita teased. She felt her body being pressed against a chair, and eagerly sat down. She laid her arms against the armrests and allowed Griggs to handcuff her to the metal. "This is kind of kinky, when you think about it."

"Shut up, Inmate." Griggs grumbled, embarrassed about how the prisoner recognized his fear.

"You can call me by my name, you know." Zolita spoke slow, as if the guard was stupid. "Zo-lee-tah. Three syllables. My darling friends call me Zo."

Griggs did not respond to the prisoner's ramblings. Zolita went silent when she realized the guard was not going to engage in a conversation with her. The criminal was slightly disappointed, but did not verbally complain. She was leaving the prison, for whatever reason, and that's all that mattered.

Zolita felt the chair take a turn, and the girl strained to hear other people talking. She heard some growling, and a maniacal laugh that could only belong to a pretty blonde with ROTTEN painted across her cheek.

"Harley..." Zolita whispered, fumbling with her restraints a bit. The Latina went silent in an attempt to hear Harley once more, but it seemed as though the blonde was gone. Zolita slumped back in disappointment.

     Zolita kept moving forward until the chair came to a halt. The girl felt her head forcefully pressed into her left shoulder, leaving her neck vulnerable. The Latina sat silently like that for a few seconds before a searing pain emitted from the right side of her neck. The woman refrained from flinching, and instead forced out a grim laugh. "I mean, most people drink coffee to wake up but being stabbed in the fucking neck sure does work!"

     The chair began to move again, and no one addressed what they injected Zolita with. The girl attempted to search Griggs' mind, but even he was left in the dark about the situation. All she was able to get from the man was that he was concerned about where Zolita and some other criminals were going.

     Eventually, the chair came to a halt again. Zolita's hands were freed before her vision was, and the Latina exaggerated a stretch. She rose to her full height before bothering to take off the blindfold. Like she had been the day before, the girl was quickly blinded by the light. She was able to adjust to the voices around her much quicker, though, and worked on blocking them out.

     There were several other people around Zolita. They had all already been free, and it seemed like she was the last one to join the party. "This is a shitty surprise party," mumbled the stripper, dramatically throwing the blindfold on the ground. The black fabric laid limply at her feet.

     Harley turned around, smiling widely once she saw the exotic dancer. The blonde pounced on the woman, hugging her tightly. Zolita hugged back, listening as Harley whispered in her ear.

     "Puddin' got your messages. He's coming to get us." Harley whispered, before pulling away and planting a kiss on the girl's cheek. The insane blonde grabbed her friend's hand and dragged her forward.

     "Listen up!" A man's voice came from Zolita's left side. The girl turned to look at the man, and was in shock about who she saw.

     "Fucking Rick Flag," mumbled the Latina, scoffing slightly at the coincidence. The man fidgeted slightly as he made eye contact with the girl, and faintly shook his head. Zolita made no move to call the man out and expose him for knowing who she is. She didn't hate the man, she actually liked him quite a lot. So, if he didn't want people to know that in a past life, they knew each other, then people wouldn't know. Instead, the Latina stood silently as Rick continued to speak.