7 ࿂ a mock surrender

Gotham was awaiting Zolita's arrival. As she neared closer and closer to the city, all of the radio stations were talking about the Joker and Zolita.

     "People are saying that this meta-human can make you do whatever she wants." One radio commentator spoke, his voice riddled with shock. "She apparently joined forces with the Joker years ago but has slipped under the radar until recently."

     "How did we find out about her in the first place, Ray?" The co-host questioned.

     "Apparently, she murdered someone recently in the strip club she worked at. Someone witnessed the crime and told the police, who worked with Batman to try to catch the meta-human." Ray explained, scoffing. "Gotham police shut down the whole highway on Monday after she was involved in a shootout. People are speculating that it was the Joker's men trying to stop her from leaving."

     "Bullshit." Zolita growled into the empty car. The Joker did not try to kill her family, the government did. The good guys almost killed a six year old and a one year old. How good could they really be?

     When Zolita arrived at her work, she was greeted by dozens of stares. Everyone that went to Benny's strip club was aware of the shady business happening in the brick building, but no one questioned it. Now, the whole place was under watch. Zolita could no longer lay low in the building.

     "Shit! Did you all miss me that much?" Zolita joked, putting on her insane persona. She walked past everyone's blank stares and approached the empty stage. She walked up the stairs before standing on the raised mahogany. Zolita stood in her leggings and leather jacket, staring out into the crowd. "Where is the Joker?"

     "He hasn't been here since you left!" One voice called out.

     Zolita turned, locking eye contact with the man. Prodding into his mind, she then asked, "Are you telling the truth?"

     "No." The man admitted, suddenly sheepish because he had no way to stop himself from answering the woman.

     "Where is he really at?"

     "An abandoned warehouse. I don't remember which one." The man informed her, shaking slightly due to his lack of inner control.

     Zolita clapped, giggling slightly. "Perfect. See, that wasn't so hard." The exotic dancer then jumped off the stage, landing next to one of her regulars. She saw a gun peeking out of the waistband of his jeans. That was a fairly common practice at the strip club, seeing as many of its attendees were criminals. Zolita could not resist grabbing the gun out of his jeans before grinning wide. "Now, let's have some fun."

     The screams started before the gunshots did. All Zolita did was point into the crowd and begin to fire. Blood had smeared itself across her face, and barely any clear skin was peeking through the crimson masking. These men, these supposedly brave and fearless men, could only scream and run when confronted by death. Some tried to use their own weapons to kill the woman on a rampage, but could not get a clear shot through the masses.

     At the end of the slaughter, not many had escaped. All that remained of the mass murder was a surplus of bodies on the ground, and a message written in blood on the wall.

     WHY SO SERIOUS?

     Zolita waited for the Joker at the warehouse she had seen him and his lover in just a week prior. The throne-like chair was still there, standing tall in the center of the gray emptiness. A blood stain lingered several feet away, where Zolita had ordered one of his goons to kill himself. Shrugging deeper into the chair, Zolita sighed, becoming impatient.