4 ࿂ playing dead

The pain flourishing within Zolita's body did not end until hours later. Carmen took to caring for the children, like she always did, and she attempted to ignore the fact that her sister was frozen in pain in the kitchen. The pregnant girl did not understand the full extent of her sister's powers, only that they occasionally cause her excruciating pain and that she can make anyone do whatever she wants. It scared Carmen sometimes, though she wouldn't admit it, because Zolita was a manipulative girl who fed off of others. Not a mutual relationship, either, rather she imitated a parasite as she leeched off of others and watched their assets drain from their eyes. Carmen would occasionally wonder if her sister was leeching off her too, but quickly pushed that thought aside when she realized that Zolita supported her financially and kept her safe from the gruesomeness of Gotham City. All she asked in return was for Carmen to watch her children.

     When Carmen stopped hearing the insistent whimpers and groans, she rose to her full height, eager to check on her sister. Doing so while she was in that state of mind was dangerous; one wrong move could lead to her becoming a prisoner in her own body. Rubbing her protruding stomach slightly, the Latina entered the kitchen, gasping in surprise once she saw it was empty. The window that led to the fire escape was open too, providing only one option of where her sister had went. She was there, then she was gone. Like always.

Miles away, Zolita was at the strip club, dressed in a diamond encrusted bra and high-waisted panties set that she stole from back stage. The outfit put little to the imagination, but the exotic dancer felt more powerful with little shielding her skin. Strutting out on stage, the girl grabbed the metal pole, adding her own handprints to the shiny silver. Her mind was going haywire as she mindlessly danced, slipping on a few bills that had made their way onto the stage.

Three minutes into her dance, she suddenly stopped. Standing still, the woman stared out into the audience, whipping her head around violently, looking for the source that was jumbling her thoughts. Whistling slightly, the stripper smirked before humming out to the crowd. "It seems that Bat Boy is in the room. Come on, Batman. Come out and play." The last word was drawn out, creepily echoing in the now silent room as everyone stared at the dangerous woman. They didn't just see her as her body, they saw her as her violent teeth and manipulative eyes and a smile that sometimes was too wide. If Zolita said Batman was here, it meant Batman was here.

The room shuffled uncomfortably, everyone examining the person next to them as if they were a possible suspect. Zolita chuckled, pressing her heeled foot deeper into the ground and acting as though she did not have hundreds of voices floating through her head that were not her own. She closed her eyes, opening her arms wide as if she was Jesus on the cross, accepting a fate that was not even her own. The audience became increasingly more confused as she just stood there, not violent, not rampaging, not demanding answers, just... standing.

Then, a flash of darkness swung across their vision, landing perfectly on the sticky oak stage. The mass was quickly recognized as Batman, who stood and immediately attempted to restrain Zolita by forcing her arms behind her back. Batman had known of Zolita for a while. He knew of her powers, and how deadly they could be. Batman expected a fair fight. He was wrong, for Zolita looked out into the audience, firmly stating, "protect me."

The men had no choice. Batman let go of Zolita as hundreds of man began to charge at him, ready to defend Zolita despite not really wanting to. The exotic stripper stepped away from the scene, looking around and assessing what way out would be the most efficient. A noise caused her to look up, seeing that the Joker was on one of the walkways above the stage used for lighting. She did not want to associate with the man any longer considering her name was suddenly dragged into this whole mess, but when he threw a rope ladder down, she seemingly had no choice to accept. The Latina quickly climbed the ladder, the pale man grabbing her hand at the top and helping her on. He planted a kiss to her cheek, which caused her to curl back in disgust at the unwanted contact, before turning around and dashing away. Zolita followed, one hand ensuring she did not fall from the platform and the other frantically digging into her cheek. The two eventually came across a window, in which Zolita quickly kicked her heel through it and slithered out of the small hole, her stomach immediately gaining dozens of scratches and cuts from the jagged glass. The Joker followed, cackling slightly because he allowed Zolita to go first just so he would not be injured. The two quickly slumped to the garbage below them, both jumping out quickly in disgust. The Joker grabbed the Latina's hand, pulling slightly and urging her to run with him. So she did. And the two ran, hand in hand, towards the car in which Harley awaited.