I Wanna Fight

'My switch is on, the fuses all been blown. Seein' only red inside my head, from the sight of you alone.'

I Wanna Fight by TKO

- day nine -

My heart began pounding in my ears, my entire body tensing at the man sat in front of me, who was very much staring right at my face. There was no way he wouldn't recognize me.

"I am sorry, never mind. Excuse me," I tried to scurry away quickly, but William's deep voice interrupted me.

"Esmeralda."

My back was facing him, my eyes leading toward Harry, who was currently discussing something with the male behind the counter, the one who kept looking at me immorally. 

He had no idea that my entire world was crashing to my feet, only just across the room from him. He's too focused on making sure the guy won't ever stare at my behind again.

I debated on what to do. On one hand, I could run to Harry. But that would risk him finding out who I really am. What would his reaction be?

On the other hand, I could just run away, at least until William gives up searching for me. But I knew he would find me eventually, if it was the last thing he would do. And I couldn't just leave Harry.

And if I were to run, with or without Harry, what would I gain? We have no money, and while we have some food and supplies to sustain us, there isn't nearly enough to last the rest of the trip to the mountains, and then Harry's entire trip back. We can't starve to death. Perhaps the best plan is admitting defeat. I'm already caught. What else is there to do?

So I closed my eyes, breathing in and out slowly and preparing myself for what is to come. I turned around slowly, looking down at William and frowning at myself. If I hadn't lost the bag to begin with, Harry and I would be long gone by now. William wouldn't have seen me, and we would be within the mountains in just a few short days. I ruined everything, just by allowing myself to be distracted by the force that is Harry. I allowed myself to divulge into my desires, and just let go, if for only a day. And this is where it has led me.

"William," I greeted. He was sitting by himself, in his normal guard attire, with our village's symbol smack dab on his chest.

He stood up, standing before me, and I knew that this was it. He was going to take me away, and I argued with myself on whether or not I should call for Harry. Should I at least tell him goodbye? Or should I just allow him to believe that I left him? Or was kidnapped?

"Esmeralda, how foolish of ye," William scolded, and I frowned, looking down at my feet. "Come, child. Sit down."

I furrowed my eyebrows, following his instructions and doing as I was told, sitting across from him.

"Who is that boy?" William questioned, and he didn't have to specify for me to know exactly who he was talking about.

"Somebody that I met," I responded quietly, wondering just how much information to divulge. To kiss a member of the royal family before marriage was considered treason. Harry could be killed if anybody found out about it, and I was frightened, because I hadn't an idea of what William had seen. I knew we shouldn't have kissed in public, but Harry is just so alluring, I forget both who and where I am.

"So, what? Ye lot are just running away together, then? Ye do realize yer father has the entire nation on the look out for ya. With a million dollar reward."

"I know that," I responded, a bit too harshly, I believe, given the circumstances. I am just sick of being talked down to, as if I know nothing. I am much more intelligent than a lot of people give me credit for, and I am tired of being regarded as a naive child.