Enchanted

'The playful conversation starts, counter all your quick remarks; like passing notes in secrecy.'

Enchanted - Taylor Swift

-day three-

I woke up, eyes struggling to open, and I breathed deeply, stretching my arms up above me.

"Morning, glory," I heard beside me, and I sighed, finally able to open my eyes and see Harry sitting up in the back of the buggy. We ended up traveling later than planned, in order to shed this trip of an entire day, and I was definitely feeling the exhaustion.

"Good morning," I responded, sitting myself up and searching for my sack. Last night was warm, and we had blankets and pillows, so we decided to stay in the horse and buggy. Like I anticipated, it was quite an awkward squeeze, since it was about the size of a twin bed. I could feel Harry's shoulder on mine throughout the night, and he even rolled over onto me at one point. I struggled to push him off, but was successful before I fell back asleep.

"Sleep well?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes gently.

"When you weren't rolling onto me, yes," I remarked, and he smirked.

"Sorry. I do that to Clara and Charles at night, as well. I can't help it," he shrugged, and- did he look embarrassed? I swore his cheeks looked flushed, but maybe it was from the warm sun beating down on us.

"It's alright. You're lucky you didn't rub against my tattoo, that would've been painful."

"Right. I forgot you even had one. Have you been taking care of it?"

"I forgot to put ointment on it last night," I admitted, lifting my shirt up to look at it. I managed to grab my sack, opening it up in search of the ointment and new bandages. Once I found it, I began to take the old bandage off.

"Doesn't look infected," Harry commented, looking at it. It was still red, and it itched like crazy, but I ignored the uncomfortable feeling, beginning to apply the ointment. "You really need to keep up with taking care of it, Essie. If it gets infected, you'd be in trouble."

"I know," I responded, because I did know. I wasn't sure why I was so careless last night. It was most likely due to my exhaustion.

"It's cute, though. The tattoo, I mean," Harry clarified, and I smiled kindly at him, thanking him. I put the new bandage on top of the ointment, and returned my shirt to normal.

"Day three, Essie. After today, we have just eleven more to go."

"Or ten, since we traveled extra yesterday."

"Very true. Ten days and you'll be free," he smiled at me, and I nodded happily. Harry moved to sit in the driver's area, and I followed him, grabbing three apples on the way. I handed one to him, before setting one on my seat and getting out of the buggy. I fed the third one to Cookie, who enjoyed it, getting slobber all over my hand from eating it.

"Be careful with your fingers, Essie," Harry commented, watching me from the buggy.

"I've fed horses, before. I know how to do it."

"I'm just saying, one chomp of those teeth on your fingers, and they'll be gone."

"Yeah, yeah," I answered mindlessly, as the horse finished her apple. I pet her mane, before returning back onto the buggy.

"Alright, let's go."

"And, we're off," Harry stated, pulling the reigns. It was still dark out, and I wondered what time it was. Harry was probably getting fed up with how often I asked him for the time, though, so I refrained.