Fallingforyou

'And on this night and in this light, I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you.'

Fallingforyou - The 1975

-day five-

I woke up to the sound of rain hitting the trees. I closed my eyes for another moment, savoring the relaxing noise. I've always loved rainy days, even though my mother always hated them. She said they were too gloomy, but I found them calming.

After a few minutes of keeping my eyes closed, I decided it was time for me to wake up for the day. I looked around the small buggy, to see Harry missing. He must woken up before me.

As I removed myself from the carriage, I saw Cookie laying by a tree, her lead tied around it. It comforted me to see her, because I knew that meant Harry hadn't left me. I knew that he wouldn't have, but it was still reassuring.

I sat down next to her, petting her. I felt bad for the poor girl, having to take us all this way. She must be exhausted, and I really hoped Harry had been feeding her enough throughout the trip. I tried to give her an apple or two whenever I thought about it, but that wasn't nearly enough to keep her going.

"Hey," I heard, and looked up to see Harry had returned, from wherever he had taken off to. His hair was soaked, dripping down onto his shirt. He either walked through the rain, or fell into a body of water somewhere.

"Hi. Why are you all wet?"

"Okay, so don't get mad," he stated, and my heart immediately began racing. What on earth could there be for me to get mad at? What could he have done? "Well, I originally went to get us food, in town, so I took your sack with me." I did not like where this was going. "Well, I got some food, so here you are," he grinned, and that's when I realized he was carrying bags. He set one down in front of me, which I assumed to be our breakfast. "But then, there were other stores next to the restaurant, and I figured, since we were saving money by not staying in motels, we could afford to buy some things." No, I did not like this at all.

"Harry, we don't just have extra money," I gasped, looking at the bags he was holding. There were quite a few, and one of them looked very much full.

"I said not to get mad," he reminded, to which I rolled my eyes. How could I not get mad? Not only did he spend my money, but he did it without asking.

"Well, that's a bit difficult when you spent our means of survival, on junk, most likely."

"We still have a ton of money left, Essie. Plus, I wasn't just doing it selfishly. I bought you some things. As a thank you."

"What a great thank you. You used my money to buy me things, when we need it for food in the future. Wonderful."

"Don't be so grumpy, or I'm going to take everything I got you and keep it for myself."

"That's rich, considering I bought it all. But I'm not grumpy, go on," I gestured for him to continue.

"Fantastic. So first, we have this bag. You know how you're always so annoying, asking me what time it is, and all that? Well, now you won't have to."

He handed me the smallest bag, and I opened it up, finding a watch in there. It was a simple black one, and I inspected it for a moment before looking up at Harry. The look on his face was what dissolved my anger. He had such a happy look on his face. His eyes were glowing as they watched me open the bag, and he looked so excited, and childlike, that I didn't even care if he wasted valuable money on unnecessary things. He was thinking about me whilst doing so, and I couldn't be mad at him for that.

"This will come in handy, I'm sure. So you're sick of me asking you the time, then?"

"Yes, it puts a damper on my mood each time you do."