Keyz??

Keyonn P.O.V

After last nights scare, I was ready to go home and go to bed. But before I left I had to make sure Reginald was okay, and once I had got word that he made it through surgery I was able to get some rest. I had forgot to call 'Drop' last night , but I'm pretty sure he's gonna be at the hospital today. As I sat in my car, I had to mentally prepare myself for today, Mostly Dr.Brown. I mean he so damn fine, but I not the person to break up a happy home, plus he just had a baby. I had got out of the car and and walk into the Emergency Room (ER) and went to clock in. I spoke to the other nurses who were leaving as I entered the break room. I put my personal items in my designated locker and was getting ready for the day."How you doing beautiful?" Dr.Brown said placing his hands around my waist. I melted a little but quickly gained my composure because if I didn't this "Fling" would never end.

"I'm fine Dr.Brown and how are you?" I said breaking out of his grip. " Now Keyonn, you know damn well we pass professionalisms, call me Justin." I smiled and tried to think of the easiest way to let him down."Listen Dr.Brown," I said stepping a little closer placing my mouth right near his ear,"I know you have a wife and a handsome kid, I'm not the type to break up a happy home. You are cute though" I whispered into his ear and walked off. I had the feeling that he was looking at my ass, so I turned around for conformation. I had got just that, I decided just to smile and walk away. The first person I went to check on was Reginald, see there was a weird tie that kept me close to him, worried about him. Maybe it was because I sat and watched my father go through the same thing multiple times, now he was in Federal Prison basically waiting to die."Good morning Mr.Jackson, how are you feeling?" I asked trying to bring joy to this dreadful moment."Are you Nurse Keyonn?" He ask curiously."That I am."

"Dr.Brown told me you're the reason I'm alive, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. See, I got a wife and a son on the way and just because I some stupid ass choices I don't want him to live without a father." he said lowering his head."Listen everybody makes mistakes, you just gotta learn from them. Trust me, I know the life you live; don't know if you gonna make it home at night, or where your grim reaper will be at" I said trying to comfort him. Before we could go further into our conversation the door had flew open. Reginald's lovely wife and friend 'Drop' had came baring gifts to cheer him up."What's up man how you feeling" his friend said. " Bruhh you know I'm good, thanks to nurse Keyonn anyway. Baby this is the man who saved my life, Nurse Keyonn this wifey China and my homie Chance." he said introducing me to his family. Chance ?? That name sound familiar.

I shook everyone's hands and got a little acquitted with them. After a while it felt awkward because Chance was staring at me, as if he had a moment of enlightenment. I guess he was trying to figure out who I was, as so was I. Chance?? Chance?? "My bad for staring, but you look familiar. Where you from?" Chance asked looking at me."I'm was born in Toronto, but my pops and I moved down here when I was like two" I said stating facts. I was getting ready to leave so I could check on my other patients when Chance pupils become very wide, like he had seen a ghost or something."Keyz?" Chance said, making me turn around quickly. I haven't heard that name since I was a little boy.

"How did you know my nickname?" I said curiously. He had just stood to his feet staring at me. It was like he had waited his whole life to see me again. To be honest I've been having a dream about my childhood, and it seemed to always revolve around this little boy and I. Before the room could get any quiter, I politely excused myself. As I was making my way down to the nurses station, someone gave me a tight hug from behind. Once I was release, I noticed it was Chance. I had look at him like he was delusional, but his eyes got to me first. I knew those eyes, from where though?

It hit me, Chance was the little boy in all of my dreams, the little boy that always protected me. The one stayed the whole week with me when I got my surgery done. This was the same little boy who slept with me when I would have nightmare. The same little boy who gave me this necklace and told me he would always protect and love me. Chance Haywood, I began to hug him again and layer my head on his chest like old times. It was crazy because our heart beats were still a perfect match. "I'm so sorry Keyz for leaving you, don't cry. I'll never do that shit again. I'm so so sorry." Chance said. I was happy that I was reunited with my childhood friend, but I had a job to tend to. " I'm sorry but I have to go." I said trying to get loose of his tight grip."Keyz, call me when you get off because we need to talk, okay" Chance had said lifting my chin with his index finger. I nodded and walked off. Popz was right, I would know who gave me this necklace, fate stepped in, I couldn't wait to visit him later on in the week.