reminishing

Chance P.O.V.

*Flashback*

"HELP ME PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEEEE" the little boy screamed as he came running towards now ten year old Chance. Chance noticed that his friend, best friend was being chased by the neighborhood bully. Chance had the instinct of protection, especially when it came to that special little boy. Before Chance could react his hands were balled into two tight fists, preparing himself for the battle. As the little boy reached Chance, he hid behind him as if Chance could protect him from anything, or anybody. Chance's eyes went from a innocent hazel color, to black within seconds.

" Chance can't save you, he's a little punk just like you"

The bully said basically spitting out venom. Before the young bully could prepare himself, Chance had leapt onto the bully's face. Chance wasn't stopping until he saw blood. The little boy didn't like seeing this side of Chance, and knew that he was the only person that. could calm him down. The little boy placed his hands onto Chance's shoulder, and Chance tensed up. Once he looked back and saw the little boy, his eyes went back to the innocent hazel color, the little boy he knew and loved. Chance got off of the bully, but made it clear never to put his hands on the little boy ever again."Thank you so much Chance" the little boy said looking down and the summer green grass. Chance lifted his chin with his index finger and began to speak from the heart," Keyz I will always protect you, no matter where you are, i'll find you. I love you Keyz." Chance meant every word, and was proud that he knew that little boy. The little boy looked into Chance eyes for conformation, and he got just that and more. Chance grabbed the little boy and brought him into a tight hug. The little boy put his head onto Chance chest right near his heart. Their heart beats matched, and even at the age of nine and ten they knew what love was."Chance you promise?" The little boy said not lifting his head.Chance was taught 'Actions spoke louder than words', so he said nothing, yet he was just going to show the little boy. Chance held the little boy as if this would be the last, which in reality it was.

*Flashback Over*

Chance had awaken from his dream with a smile on his face. Everytime he had the dream about the little boy, it was pleasant. Looking around, Chance noticed that his house was empty. Sighing deeply because Chance knew he brought a hoe from the club last night. He felt that one day soon all this club shit would have to come to the end. Chance had scanned the room and knew he two stacks were missing off the dresser. "Typical hoe" Chance thought to himself. Two stacks wasn't anything to Chance, just more toilet paper to wipe his ass with. He stood up and looked at the reflection in the mirror, he didn't see the young innocent Chance Haywood that he always dreamed about. Instead he saw 'Drop', the kingpin in the south, and the crazy part about it was that Chance had died the same night as his father.

Chance thought since he stood their naked that all the bullshit would end.'A newborn doesn't have to deal with all this shit and they come into the world naked. So why am I sitting here a different person,not the Chance my father raised me to be.' Chance smiled when he looked into the mirror, he knew he was completely blessed with the full package. He shook his head and went to the bathroom to do his daily routine. Exhaling deeply, Chance was able to think about the day while the hot water beat down his back.

After what had seemed like forever Chance had got out of the shower and wrapped a warm summer blue towel around his torso. Chance walked to the sink to brush his pearly whites, he was happy his grandma forced him to get braces when he was younger. Once he was finished, Chance walked into his walk-in closet to find something to wear. Chance knew that his 'JOB' required all black everything, and that's what he picked out. A black Ralph Lauren Polo shirt, black True Religion Jeans, and the new Iron Man Leborns 10's. Chance looked into the mirror and smiled he knew he looked good, and brushing his deep dark waves was the finishing touches to his looked. Chance walked down the stairs into his virgin kitchen, he didn't know how to cook and really didn't plan on learning. 'When I settle down, I want somebody who can burn in the kitchen' Chance said to himself as he grabbed a bottled water out of the refrigerator. In the mist of all Chance's thoughts his Iphone 5s began to ring.

"Yo" Chance said talking to his right hand Reggie."Bruhh, I want some salsa from Mexico." Reggie said talking into code."Shit we needa take them bad bitches to get some salsa" I said into the phone, referring to the fifty bricks of cocaine."Shit, to be honest I think them bitches got STD's I ain't trying fuck with them anymore" Reggie said making me mad. I mean, its not like it was our product, my spades jack that shit from some dumb nigga and the west side."Nigga that's why I wanna take the ass to Mexico, I ain't trying to get burned fucking with them." I said trying to state my case. "Aitee bruhh, I'll call the bad bitches and tell them to get dressed for this party" My right hand said into the phone. All I said was 'One' and hung up the phone.

I really didn't want to make this trade with the Mexican's, because last time we did they tried to fuck my money over. Shit this time I wasn't going to be as nice, bullets first questions second. Chance had walked to the front door and enabled his alarm. Picking up my keys to my all black 2013 Cadillac Escalade Truck, I made my way into the world of sin and sorrow I got into the car and said a prayer"Lord I ask that you keep me safe out here in these dangerous streets, and please forgive me for my sins that I've committed in my life. Lord I thank you for everything you have done for me, Amen." I lifted my head and and began to start my day.'Chance is gone now' I said to myself. No one knew Chance, except for his deceased father, and the little boy in his dream. To the streets, I was Drop, because I'm quick to drop a nigga on his head.

Keyonn P.O.V

"Mr.Silver, you only suppose to push the red button if you need help" I smiled at one of my patients, as much as I love thus job it gets heckit. Usually I work on the 7th floor with the psychic patients and its much easier than the emergency room. (ER) "Nurse Keyonn, this is important, my son isn't here and I need to go home." Mr. Silver said trying to get out of the bed. Patients like Mr. Silver was here very often, they were you typical drunks who got hurt and came to the ER because they was too drunk to know what was going on. The only reason I was down here was because it was the end of summer and the ER needed more nurses."Well Mr.Silver when he gets here, he'll be able to discharge you but until then please lay down so you can sober up" I said smiling but mentally rolling my eyes at the same time.

I really didn't want to be on a different floor for many reasons, but for some reason I felt like fate was about to set in. Something was going to happen today and it made my stomach knot up."Mr. Silver I have to check on my other patients, I'll be right back, please don't get up" I said begging. I went back to the Nurses Station to try and get some of my charting done, but I just couldn't shake this feeling. The feeling that I needed to look presentable, or better, like today I was going to be the knight in shining armor."Thinking about me Nurse" I rolled my eyes because I could noticed that voice from anywhere."Doctor Brown, can we keep this as professional as possible?" I said trying to let him down easy. As fine as Doctor Brown was, I couldn't break his happy home up.

"I can do whatever you want me to do" Doctor Brown said licking his lips. Doctor Brown was around 6'3, with brown skin, built fatigue, and cute brown eyes." I like your little necklace, it must be something special because I've never seen you without it" Doctor Brown said touching my neck. To be honest, I didn't know why I wore this necklace, it wasn't even real. I just didn't take it off, I felt like this necklace was my protection from all harm. It was a simple wooden key, with the word 'keyz' engraved into it. I was relieved to see a call, a light one, which meant one of my patients needed me. "Duty calls" I said smiling at Doctor Brown and walked away. To be honest I wasn't one hundred percent into today, I was too busy thinking about the person that was going to walk through that and sweep me off of my feet. Or was it somebody I already knew. I really didn't know if I was prepared for fate to step in.