08: Picnic Proposals

'Hey (Y/N)! Meet me at the park at 7 tonight. I have a lot to talk about. Love, Jack'

That's all the note says. My boyfriend Jack does tend to be a little cryptic when he truly has something important to say. So of course, after finding this vague note taped to my door...

I went.

*Time Skip, 7:00, Jack's POV*

At 7 on the dot, I saw her silhouette approach the park. Once she stepped onto the mulch, I could see her in the light- (H/L H/C) hair, beautiful (E/C) eyes... She's amazing, and I love her so much. I just want to be able to tell her that in the most perfect way possible.

"Jack!" She yelled. Already looking at her, I waved. She picked up her pace, jogging toward me. I wrapped her in a hug once I got close enough, and she giggled and hugged me back. Sitting on the blanket I spread out, we talked and ate for a while, just like a traditional picnic. I waited until the first star appeared in the sky before saying what I had called her here to say.

"(Y/N). We've been together for a little over two years now. A match made in heaven, I would say we are. The first time I laid eyes on you I knew it, and I'm still well aware of it today. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but a picture of you doesn't do you justice. I couldn't put a price on you if I tried- our love is priceless and so are you. You are a beautiful, amazing individual and I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else. So I called you out here tonight, under the light of the stars, to ask you a question. (Y/F/N), will you make me an eternally happy person, and marry me?"

*Your POV*

You know that feeling when you can almost sense something coming, but when it actually happens it still takes you by surprise? That's exactly how I'm feeling right now. Jack had gotten into serious mode, standing up and then helping me up after. He spoke a lot about our relationship. I knew what was coming when Jack got down on one knee, but at the same time, I would have never expected that one day, that little black box would be for me.

"(Y/F/N), will you make me an eternally happy person, and marry me?" Tears had already sprung to my eyes, and I whispered,

"Yes, Jack. Of course I will marry you!" Smiling extremely widely, Jack stood up and placed the gorgeous ring on my left ring finger. He took both of my hands, and stared happily at each of my ring fingers. On the left ring finger now resided the beautiful gem Jack just gave me. But on the right ring finger was the promise ring with our initials engraved on it from exactly one year ago. I looked back at Jack, and he looked at me.

I didn't know this night could have gotten any more perfect, but a starlight kiss definitely made it a night to remember.