Chapter 4

Lacey opened the door to her car and sat in the drivers seat. Then she screamed. It was a good scream. A happy scream. An “oh my god I just my idol” scream. The truth of the matter though, was even though he was her idol and she had loved him since she was seventeen, she had fallen for him. She hadn’t fallen for Jack Barakat from All Time Low though. She had fallen for Jack-o-Lantern, a dorky guy who showed up at the bar wanting a drink. It had been a really long time, since she really liked someone, and this was a really nice feeling. He was amazing, he was funny, so sweet, could carry on a conversation, oh and extremely hot.

--

It had been about two weeks since Lacey had seen Jack. They had been texting frequently but, Lacey really wanted to see him again, unfortunately she had been busy lately and it wasn’t quite possible.

Lacey sighed and tucked a piece of hair that was falling out of her pony tail, and tried to remember all the drink orders from the large party that had just wandered in.

“Ok I have two Sam Adams, a Bud Light, a Sex on the beach, a strawberry daiquiri, and four shots of patron,” Lacey said placing the drinks in front of the group.

“Hey can I get your number cutie?” One of the guys asked.

“Yeah, not a chance,” Lacey said.

“Hey babe!” A low voice said from the other side of the bar.

“Who the hell do you think you are calling me babe?” Lacey said spinning on her heals. She smiled when she realized who had called her babe. Not a drunken perv, but instead a lanky skunk haired guitar player.

“Jack,” She said smiling and walking towards him.

“Hey babe,” Jack said again.

“Hey Jack-o-Latern,” Lacey said smirking.

“You got pretty damn defensive of me calling you babe,” Jack laughed.

“I don’t like random perverts calling me babe,” Lacey said shuddering a little.

“So just perverts you know?” Jack said laughing.

“Nah, just perverts I like,” Lacey said smiling.

“I want to take you out tonight, Lace,” Jack said pressing his hands together. He was nervous. He had thought their first date went well, and her saying she liked him was a boost of confidence but he was always a little scared of rejection.

“Oh Jack, I’d love to, but I don’t get off until eleven,” Lacey said biting her lip like she always did when she was nervous. She wanted to go on a date with Jack, but she couldn’t leave work.

“I have an idea,” Jack said.

“What?” Lacey asked.

“Bring me a Sam Adams and I’ll stay until you get off. Then we can go on a date here,” Jack said.

“Please tell me you mean the restaurant and not the actual bar,” Lacey said, as she really hated alcohol. Although Lacey was a bar tender and not a waitress the bar she worked in also had a restaurant attached to it.

“Of course I mean the restaurant, I know you hate alcohol,” Jack said. Although he hadn’t had a real girl friend for a while, or even really like a girl for a long time, he knew how to treat a girl right, and he always listened to the little things girls said.

“That sounds amazing, but do you really want to wait?” Lacey said. It had been awhile since a guy had cared about her.

“Of course. You’re really special Lace,” Jack said giving her his signature wide smile.