Chapter 1

Lacey tightened her ponytail and grabbed a glass from the bar. She mixed a vodka soda and handed it to the man at the bar. She tried to figure out what he was doing here. He was lonely and looked sad he seemed to be in his late thirties. He's going through a divorce she assumed. She was not widely fascinated by liquor so to occupy herself during her shift she made up stories about people at the bar. She absentmindedly tugged at the bottom of her black tank top so her boobs were spilling out just a bit more, it's not like she was particularly fond of men staring at her chest but, it made them buy more and it took their eyes away from her stomach. She wasn't all that insecure but people can be cruel, besides not having a flat stomach gave her boobs and an ass and she was pretty thankful for that.

"Hello?" A voice called me out of her thoughts.

"Oh sorry, what can I... Holy Shit," she gasped when she realized who was in front of her. She'd lived in Maryland her whole life and she'd always hoped for this day but had never expected it.

"You're Jack Barakat," She said with her mouth gaping.

"Fan?" He asked laughing a little.

"Just a little," She smiled.

"You do look sort of familiar, I can't say I could pick your face out of a crowd, but you've been to a couple shows right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I have," She said smiling.

"Always nice to meet hometown fans," He said his eyes wandering down from her face and to her chest. She almost snapped and told him her eyes were up there, but she didn't do that to any other customer so she couldn't really do it to him.

"So what can I get you?" she asked.

"Shot of Jack Daniels, and a Sam Adams," Jack said. She poured the shot and handed it to him. She reached into a cooler and popped off the cap and handed him the bear.

"Thanks," Jack said chugging the shot.

"So what brings you here?" She said. She couldn't help but wondering why he was drinking alone and at a bar he had never been to as far as she knew.

"I needed to be alone and I didn't want to be found," Jack said honestly. Jack was a happy person and always the first to make a joke, but like everyone he had bad days. He had been feeling really lonely lately. Rian was spending a lot of time with Cassadee, which he understood, but that didn't mean he didn't miss him. Alex had been spending a lot of time with Lisa, and Zack had been spending a lot of time with Eliza, his friend who Jack assumed he was hooking up with. Technically he could have spent time with any of his band members but he didn't want to third wheel. Of course he had other friends, but he was running out of single friends. His friends had noticed that he was rather depressed lately and they had tried to help him, but he didn't want to be a bother to anyone. He just needed to be alone.

"Are you ok?" Lacey asked.

"No. But I'm not going to lay it all on you. How'd you even know I was upset?" Jack wondered

"I can read people and sense things. But really what's wrong?" She asked.

"Look this might sound rude, but I don't even know your name. I don't really want to spill all my troubles to you," Jack said nervously to the girl in front of him. He thought she was beautiful honestly, but not in a typically beautiful way. She was curvy, and her long dark hair looked like it had been straightened but was starting to un-do itself, her eyes were a blue gray that jack thought was the most beautiful color he'd ever seen. Her face was not model gorgeous. Her teeth weren't glistening white and she had some dark marks and blemishes that her make up was failing to hide. But for some reason to Jack she was one of the most beautiful girls he had ever seen.