Rip Brie's white shorts. You will. Be missed.

"YOU SEE?" she shouts in a panic. "I'M GONNA DIE. I HAVENT EVEN GONE TO HIGH SCHOOL YET, HAD MY FIRST KISS OR ANYTHING I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS CRAP" she shouts as she runs around the washroom.

"WHY GOD, WHY?? I GO TO CHURCH THREE TIMES A WEEK C'MON-"

I clear my throat, "Sis, you're not dying" I say awkwardly "you're a women boo, don't sweat it, you just got your first period!"

Her sobs stop. "You, you mean, this is normal?" She scratches her head.

"No- well, yeah, it's natural!" I reassure the horrified little girl, she's only 12.. I mean you would think she would know about this but then again, not all parents exactly rush this growling up talk.

"What do I do to make it stop?"
She asks.

I sigh "get ready little Brie, life is just starting I chuckle as I put my arm around her shoulder.

-

After getting Brie set, we all got on the bus. I explained a lot of things to Brie on the way to the beach, I felt like a proud mother to be honest.

"Alex, I have another question" Brie asked in a whisper.

"What's up girly?" I say as I put my arm around her shoulder in order to get closer.

She's been whispering all sorts of questions into my ear out of embarrassment. I told her that a few other girls are probably going through the same thing but I'm apparently the only person she feels comfortable talking to.

Cute.

"Will I still be able to swim today?"

"Will you cry if I tell you the truth?"

Her worried expression drops into an annoyed look. "Growing up is dog poo."

Dean.

The whole bus ride she's spent talking to Brie. What about me?

"Not even dating her and I'm acting needy" I say to myself as I slouch down into my seat.

"Hey!" The kid next to me shouts.

It's Kevin.

"Yeah kid."

"You like Alex" he says while pushing up his glasses. "That's fine, but-"

"What, I need your permission to like Alex?" I smirk.

"Yeah, Ambrose. We're best friends" Kevin crosses his arms over his chest.

"Only in camp buddy" I pat him on his head.

He laughs. "Maybe you should get to know her and her friend situation a little better, buddy" he pats me on my head before getting up and finding another seat.

I see why him and Alex are so close now.

I finally get up and head over to the chatty girls in hopes of stealing Alex away.

"SO, you're telling me, I'm gonna bleed from down there for a week tops every month?" Brie says making me spin back around into my seat.

Girl talk, right.

-

As soon as we get to the beach everyone rips off their clothes and jumps into the water.

"WAIT WAIT THE WATER SAFTY RULES- oh forget! Drown!"

"That's a little dark Ambrose, especially for you" Alex smirks as she walks up behind me, with Brie.

"Yeah well- what the fuck are you wearing" I say staring at my best friend.

Alex slowly raise her hand to cover Brie's eyes only making me walk over and cover Alex's eyes.

"Put some pants on dude this isn't a nude beach!" I shout at Seth.

"It's called a speedo you immature children" Seth rolls his eyes.

"Dean" Alex says while turning her head towards my face as my hand is still over her eyes. "You do realize I've seen this mans dick before? Right?"

"Right" I chuckle as I remove my hand from her face smiling.

"Nice to see you again, buddy" Alex says looking down at Seth's crotch before walking away with Brie, her eyes still covered.

"Did she just talk to my dick?" Seth asks.

"She's special."

"Alex is your dream girl" Seth says as he starts setting up his beach chairs.

"What?" I ask nourvousy.

"OH cut the crap, Dean. The last 15 days you've been slowly, but surly, falling in love with her. Now you may not have noticed, she may not notice, but the rest of us have been putting in bets" she shrugs.

"Are you kidding me?" My mouth drops.

"Nope. Ever since that day the whole camp thought they saw you making out with Alex we all put in some sort of bet. With that being said, I'm gonna need y'all to get together in about, two weeks? Finn bet his phone case and its one of those charger phone cases an-"

"Seth shut up!" I shout at him as I sit down in my beach chair. "This is crazy. I-I can't ask her out."

"And whys that?"

"We're going to college, she's going to college. Camp isn't forever. It'll end soon, everyone will go home, start school. Man I'm not even with her yet but I'm kinda-

"Crazy about her?"

"Yeah, crazy about her" I sigh. "I hate to admit it but she's kinda all I can think about" I say while looking away from Seth, "don't want to go through the heart break of leaving her behind when camp is over."

"You never know what's gonna happen dude" Seth pats me on the back. "Just... do it."

I look over at Alex and Brie who set up their beach stuff just a few feet in front of us.

Alex gets up from her chair and turns around and waves at us.

"Look at her," I say to Seth while waving at her. "She's-"

"Your Dream girl."

"..yeah."

Alex.

"Is he looking?" I ask Brie.

"Yeah! Now take it off, BUT SLOWY."

"OKAY OKAY!" I shout back.

I slowly take off my shorts revealing the bottom part of my swimsuit and then my top leaving me exposed to the world.

"Perfect" Brie says. "Dean- Dean is shook."

"OKAY, enough hanging out with me" I awkwardly laugh. "Your private school sending, church going parents aren't gonna be happy hearing you say all this shit- I mean crap."

Brie laughs. "You know, you're really cool Alex."

"Well I better be" I smile at her. "Now put on some sunscreen! I say as I throw her the bottle. "I have some special shit for your face too! I say as I grab my fanny pack and look for it.

But me being me, I get distracted.

"I haven't taken many, or any, pictures with the camera Kevin got me yet" I say as I pull it out.

"Take some now" Brie suggests.

I nod in agreement knowing exactly what I want to take a picture of.

"DEAN, SETH" I shout over to the boys. "SMILE!"

Seth proceeds to stick his middle finger up making Dean do the same thing.

A perfect picture.

-

-

There's gonna be more to this beach day in the next chapter. I just wanted to update since it's been a bit.. much love!

Vote and comment please!!

- zoya