College Service | t h i r t y • s e v e n

•••
Victor

"So ..."

Rorry trail off as she placed a plate of waffles in front of me. We moved from her room to her dining room. I know Rory was never a fan of me in high school. In a short time we're together she was nothing but hostile towards me. Which I get. I've been a huge dick before Maxie, don't ask me how I know. I just do. Memories came back and shit remember?

My stomach grows at the smell of food. Rory look at me with careful expression and look at my stomach for a brief period.

"Maybe you should eat first." She recommended awkwardly pointing at the front of me. I'm suddenly embarrassed which is very unlike me. Rory must have noticed and she get up muttering. "I'll get you coffee." She stated and get up and went to the coffee maker.

I inhale loudly trying to suppress another growl from my stomach. I'm dying to stuff my mouth with the goodness of carbs in the waffle in front of me. The smell is so enticing I almost forgot why I'm here. I don't recall having a conversation with Rory in the entire time Max and I dated in high school. She was always either scowling at me or sneering. She's honestly scary. She obviously didn't like me for Maxie and she sure did showed it. I wasn't mad about, I really didn't care. Actually, I was glad. I remember being grateful about it. I love how much she cared for Maxie. I knew if ever I'm gone Maxie is in good hand.

My heart twinge at the thought. I'm still grateful for her all these years. She's still in good hands. She never really needed me didn't she? Fact is, I know that all along. Maxie is the strongest person I know.

I have to go

My heart suddenly beat erratically inside my chest like I'm having a panic attack, Rorry is the last person I need to see. I don't want her to see me like this. A mess.

She'll tell Max I'm here and that's the last thing I want to happen. I can't face her. Not now. But soon. I need to get my shit together.  We have a lot to talk about for sure, there's a lot of things she can answer ... like .. why she believed me when I asked her to move on and let us go. My heart constricted at the memory. I did ask her that. Breaking my heart in the process, In my defence those times was fucked up—I never believed for one second that I'll get better. That there's a cure for this ... fuckedupness.

I heave a long deep breath trying to calm myself down and focus on my breathing. I'm still not in the right place and my being here in Roxie's place will not help at all. For all I know she's already told Max I'm here and ...

No way. I can't face her yet.

*********

Hey guys!

I know it has been awhile. This chapter has been sitting here for a very long time now and I just made a quick additional scene to it. I realized I've no idea what I'm writing about anymore. I've been on hiatus for so long I forgot the flow of the story. While on quarantine I'm going to read the hell out of my books and catch up and hopefully help my creative juice flowing and will be able to keep up with my stories.

This has been a tough time for all of us. Please stay inside your home. The world need us to listen right now. The world is asking for a very simple thing and that's staying in.

I'll try my best to update my stories during these times to help ease the boredom.

Stay safe everyone!

-Kreachermuch