Spencer hasn't ever really been good with other people, awkward would be the best word to use. Most people saw his ability to speak like a book odd and avoided him. Addison seemed to be the only person so far, besides his mother, who actually enjoyed hearing all of his statistics and weird facts about anything and everything. She had her fair share of things that she could ramble on about. When they had first gotten together he read 64 books on relationships and how to make them last. Of course those book did nothing but make him look like an idiot though he didn't know that until she said something about it. Addison had laughed it off and said that she didn't want to be with a robot. He had been more then a little worried when he got an offer to join the FBI. He had been afraid that she wouldn't want to come with him, that she would prefer to stay in Vegas. Even now that she came with him he was still nervous. She's been acting odd since he told her about having to move to Virginia. He was scared that she was having second thoughts and wanted to leave, wanted to leave him. He didn't want her to be unhappy with him. He remembered her talking about how much she moved around growing up and didn't want this job to remind her of that.

"You okay kid?" Derek asked finally. He was getting tired of watching the younger agent freak out at whatever was going on in his head. His eyebrows were pushed together and Derek could see sweat forming on the agents forehead. Spencer jumped at his voice and gave him a confused expression, not understanding why the other agent would ask that question. Derek assumed he was just nervous about his first case, most newbies acted like this but so far Spencer had been quite unique, it only took him a few minuets alone with the gut to figure that out.

"Um...yeah." He stuttered, shaking his head as if to clear the thoughts that were running though his mind and went back to focusing on the papers in front of him, Addison was the only topic change that could ever derail his thoughts entirely. Aaron didn't pay them any attention, he was to busy trying to find a connection between the victims, do what the other men were supposed to be doing.

"You know for being a profiler, you're pretty bad a lying." Derek chuckled. Spencer coughed awkwardly. That was something Addison always told him, not that she was any better, at least not to him anyway though he had watched her lie to complete strangers without so much as a flinch.

"It's just...My g-girlfriend, Addison, has been acting strange. I'm just trying to think about what could be upsetting her." Referring to Addison as his girlfriend had always been odd for him. When he was going through high school he never thought he would find someone that understood him, at least not someone who was as beautiful as Addison, the bullies weren't much help either. Derek looked over the young man, he wore a sweater vest and mismatched socks his hair was on the longer side and he had a boyish look to him. He didn't seem like the kind of guy that would be comfortable around women, especially one that would move all the way across the county with him.

"You've got a girlfriend?" Spencer nodded. "She came all the way out here with you?" He asked surprised. Spencer nodded again. Most people reacted that way when they found out him and Addison were together. Addison is incredibly confident, she never showed any kind of weakness and when she did it was to make others underestimate her, another reason he thought something was bothering her, she had been keeping things to herself more then normal. She was tall, blond and not someone you would expect to be standing next to Spencer. He had spent a lot of time thinking about what she saw in him and always came up short, she's the one puzzle that he hasn't ever been able to solve. "Then I really don't think you have much to worry about. Most girls don't leave everything behind to follow their boyfriend across the country." He gave Spencer a lighthearted grin.

"She didn't have anyone in Vegas, she ran away from her family when she was 15." He disagreed. "I was the only thing keeping her there." He closed the file and set it on the table. "She might be worried about her father trying to find her, the apartment is in her name." He was thinking out loud at this point.

"Okay, why don't you talk to her before you get a crazy idea in your head." Derek chuckled. Spencer nodded, he was right. He would just have to talk to her. "She's probably just adjusting to the new place." Derek assured. "I don't think you've got anything to worry about." He repeated with am all knowing smile before moving back to the case.

They finished the case in three days and Spencer was pretty proud of himself. He managed to figure out where the unsub was keeping the girl and saved her life as well as three others. He tried calling Addison to tell her he was on his way home but she didn't answer. He brushed it off, she was more then likely asleep and nothing short of a bomb going off would wake her. The plane ride was uneventful, he just really wanted to go home and sleep in his own bed.

It wasn't till they landed that he realized that Addison had their car. Derek offered to give him a ride home after Addison still didn't answer her phone or the house phone. Spencer felt worry begin to build up in his chest as they got closer to the apartment. It wasn't like Addison to not answer, even when she's upset but he pushed the negative thoughts away, she's probably just asleep.

"This is it." Spencer pointed to the building. "Thanks, see you in the morning." He got out of the car and hurried up the stairs to the second floor. He still couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. He went to unlock the door only to find that it was already open.