Chapter 14

Morning sickness is a real bitch. I've thrown up a few times in my life, mostly due to the fact that I drink to much, but never have I had the constant feeling that everything in my stomach will soon reappear in the toilet. The only good thing about this is that it keeps my mind off my family fro the most part.

"Addi?" Spencer called from somewhere not in the bathroom. Did I mention that it's seven o'clock at night? Morning sickness is not just in the morning. Ever since I had my break down about a week ago Spencer has been very careful not to ask any questions about what happened with my family. He knew all he needed to know, that they are out of my life and are not coming back. Not that he's really been home to set me off.

I rinsed my mouth out with a handy bottle of mouth wash before going to greet him. He was sitting on the couch that I had moved up against the wall underneath the window.

"Did you move this?" He questioned. Yes, yes I did move it but I couldn't tell him that. He almost had a panic attack when he saw me moving a box of clothes into our closet. He kept going on about how pregnant women shouldn't life anything more then ten pounds and I knew for a fact that the couch was more then ten pounds.

"What makes you think it was moved?" I felt my teeth take hold of my lip as he stared me down. I went to lean against the wall of the walk way but didn't realize how far from the wall I actually was and did one of those half fall things. I didn't even try and play it off.

"Addison, the couch was in the middle of the room when I left."

"Okay fine, I moved it." I held up my hands before he could get a word in. "But I didn't lift it. I slid it." That didn't seem to satisfy him at all.

"You need to be careful, not only are you still recovering from a gunshot wound in your arm but it's not just you in there anymore. Next time you want to rearrange the furniture please wait for me to be home." I don't know if it was the 'please' but I didn't argue. Arguing with Spencer when he can use facts and probability on is a stupid idea that wont leave you with anything but a half empty bottle of Tylenol.

"Okay, I wont do it again." That didn't seem to satisfy him either but I didn't how else to reassure him so I pushed off the wall and moved into the kitchen. He walked in close behind me. "So now that we got that out of the way, how was you last five days?" That got his mind off the fact I pushed the couch across the living room. He started talking about a man who confused any woman with dark brown hair for his mother and tried to kill them. He managed to get eight women before he was caught. One thing I didn't understand was how these men could come off as normal and be psychotic. Monsters I understand, most of the time they have a particular MO and that's how you find out which one it is. Most of the time they didn't look like real people and that always makes it easier when trying to pull the trigger. It scares me that humans can be just as evil as the monsters can, at least when monsters kill its not just because they want to but because its what they are.

Spencer was standing in the middle of the kitchen with a large goofy smile as he explained the profile he helped put together. He didn't seem to see me leaning against the counter as he spoke. Just seeing how excited he was made it all worth it. I would redo everything that happened with Rodney and my family just to see him this happy.

"...oh! Agent Hotchner's wife invited us to dinner tomorrow night." This shocked me out of my daze.

"Tomorrow? How long have you known about this?"

"He told us on our way back home." He said it like he didn't understand why I was asking. He seemed frozen in his stance as he regarded me carefully. "If you don't want to go-"

"No Spence, I want to go. I was just surprised that I didn't know a little sooner." I explained.

"Well she's been trying to set something up but I didn't know if you would...want to go. After what happened. It's been lest then a month." And there it is but what Spencer doesn't understand, and I don't want him to, is that what happened a few weeks ago used to be my life. Maybe it wasn't someone that I had been close to trying to kill me but there had been several attempts on my life. What happened with Rodney is not something that I'm going to let myself lose any sleep over. HIs body had been salted and burned by his two remaining sons, he's not coming back. I made sure to take a deep breath before I answered him.