"Besides the point. You want people to see your work but you don't want them knowing it's you. What's the point in that?"

"Look Fields. I don't need you analyzing my life, okay? I draw because I love it, I love a lot of things. Just like I love my music and that webcam is symbolic of my life. People always have their eyes on me, trying to see my next move. This webcam shows that I really don't give a fuck. And people can also see the killer clothing designs I make, then create on real fabric."

I chuckle and shake my head.

Emily POV

I see Hanna and CeCe talking and even smiling, pissing me off beyond compare.

"Hey Em where do your parents put the good porn?" Noel shouts and I turn to him, thinking for a moment, "I got something, don't worry."

I go into the cabinet under the TV and pull out a DVD, "here. Put that in."

"What is it?"

I look towards the back porch where my girlfriend and CeCe are. "A comedy."

"Here they are, Rosewood High's prom court King and Queen, Wayne Fields and Mary Drake. Mary, what's the secret to your success?"

I hear the back door open and I know CeCe and Hanna are in here, watching.

The camera pans in on Mary who is smiling and her dark hair is in a weird hairstyle, "um, the secret to our success. Hmm. I don't know. Good question. Wayne?

My dad leans in with a cocky grin, "good sex!" We all laugh and Mary chuckles, "be serious," she whispers to him.

"Mary, do you think you guys will get married?"

Mary sighs happily, "do I think Wayne and I will get married? Hmm... who knows. I mean...nobody ever really knows what the future is like. But he really is the sweetest guy in the whole world. So I'm thinking...yes. Come visit us in 10 years and I bet you can meet the kids and get a tour of our big house and see how happy we are."

Noel frowns, "who's the girl?"

"Okay ladies and gentleman, there's your Prom King and Queen, Wayne Fields and Mary Drake."

CeCe breathes out painfully, "that's my mom."

I smirk, turning back to look at her, "at least their dreams came true for one of them, right?"

CeCe nods and glares at me like she's shooting knives at my head, "yeah, except for the happy part, right?" She walks past me but not before shoving me back with her shoulder and I chuckle, "touchy?"

The guys laugh but none of the girls are. Hanna stares at me with disbelief and I can only shrug innocently.

After a while I see Alison at the end of the pier walkway to the beach. I walk outside and over to her, leaning against the railing opposite of her.

"Thought you left?"

"I tried. Damn cab never came to pick me up," she shakes her head and I nod, "well I'm glad you stayed. I wanted to thank you. For holding back."

She looks at me with a confused expression, "what do you mean?"

"Jerk is pretty tame. You could've called me a lot worse. I'd deserve all of it anyways."

Truth be told, I've been called way worse than jerk but for some reason, when Alison said it? It hurt a lot worse. It actually hit something in me.

"Look Emily. I've been thinking a lot about this whole tutoring thing...I'm sorry. It just isn't a good idea."

I bite my lip, "because of CeCe?"