Chapter 12

Alison POV

I skip over to CeCe in front of school who nods at me, "hey stranger," I say and she chuckles, "no stranger than you."

I nudge her playfully and sigh, "hmm..."

"Did you get my message last night?"

I grimace nervously, "no uh...sorry, I was at the library. Late. Midterms." CeCe nods and speaks, "your midterm or Emily's?" I breathe in sharply and sigh, "both, actually."

She sighs, "well, good luck with that." She goes to walk away but I groan, "Ce. You're cool with this, right? I mean last week, when you said you didn't trust me?" "I know. And Als I didn't mean that, alright? I just meant that I didn't trust Emily. Which I don't."

I go to speak again but a certain blonde starts walking over. Hanna.

"Hey, you got a second?" She says, directed toward CeCe, obviously. "Speak of..." I trail off and feel her icy cold stare on me. I chuckle and walk away, leaving them alone.

CeCe POV

"Hey so uh...last week sucked...so here." Hanna hands me a CD and I stare at it with a light smile, "you made me a mixtape?"

She shrugs and I chuckle, "uh-huh...so uh, does this mean that we're dating now?"

Hanna gives me a look, "you have a long bus ride tonight and I had some free time. Don't read too much into it."

Alison POV

"Alison! Hey!" Emily jogs over to me and I smile, "hey, what's up?"

"Coming to the game tonight?" She asks, swaying back and forth on her heels. I hide my blush the best I can before I speak again. "Um...I don't know, Emily-" "You should come. We always beat the crap out of the Pickerington Hicks."

I scoff, "they're called the hicks?" I cross my arms, amused and she shrugs with a smirk, "well, no. But they should be. The place is all pickup trucks and mulch."

This makes me laugh and Emily looks around, "I'll look for you," she says in a way that warms my heart majorly. "O-okay," I say and she smiles at me, then walks away.

I bite my lip and walk into school, watching as Emily goes to her locker, seeing her stare into it before she looks over at me, as if she knew I was staring. I blush and look away, then make my way to class.

Aria POV

I walk inside Hanna's house because well, she never locks it and doesn't ever hear the doorbell when you ring it. I make my way up her stairs and take a white washcloth from the towel closet and walk into her room, holding up the cloth.

"Safe yet? No hostile tone, no bitter complaints, no yelling at your best friend because you broke up with your jerk of a girlfriend?"

 I walk inside and see her smiling which makes me gasp, "oh my god, a smile! Who knew Hanna Marin was capable of such a thing!"

Hanna rolls her eyes, "alright. I was a mess last week. I'm sorry." I go in front of her creepy little web cam and start doing cheer poses, "apology accepted! A-P-O. L-O-G...Y?" I smirk and turn to Han, "because I love you. Now, get your skinny ass up and lets go beat the pirates." I throw a pillow from a chair at her and lift the back of my skirt up, flashing my ass at the camera.

Hanna cackles, "what are you doing?" I shrug innocently, "what? It's a web cam. It's what they're for. Come on." I grab my pompoms from her bed and stare at her, "overweight whore," I smirk, "now we're even." I throw my pompoms at her face and she gasps, "you are so dead Aria Montgomery!"