Chapter 7

1 Week Later

Alison POV

"So she's mad?" Emily says and I sigh, "can we not talk about CeCe right now?"

"Isn't her real name Charlotte?"

I look up at her and shake my head, "yes but she goes by CeCe. Can we, focus now? Or are you just going to talk about CeCe the entire time?" I look back at the text book and she nods, "I get it. My bad."

I raise an eyebrow curiously. She just dropped it? Just like that? 

"Okay what's going on with you?"

She chuckles, "what do you mean? Just because I let the topic go easily you think something's wrong?"

"Well...yes, actually."

Emily smiles, chuckling as she shakes her head, "I'm fine."

"So you're not upset that Hanna dumped you? Cause everyone already knows," I state and eye her curiously. Emily sighs, "nah. She'll get over it. We'll be back to us within a day or 2. 3, tops."

Unintentionally, I snort in humor, widening my eyes when Emily tilts her head to the side, "that's funny?"

"No I'm sorry it's just...that's a little confident don't you think? You just assume that you two will work things out?"

Emily shrugs as if it's obvious, "well yeah. We always do."

I realize that she's dead serious so I shake my head, sighing, "you're unbelievable." "Why?" My eyes travel up to hers again, "because you just...Emily relationships shouldn't be about always breaking up to the point where you know the routine of the break ups. It's just sad, you know? If you two get back together which no offense, would be dumb on Hanna's part considering you treat her like total shit-" "excuse me?" She cuts me off, her eyes dark and defensive.

"Well it's tr-" "you don't know the first thing about Hanna and I, okay? Just shut up and let it go."

I stare at her in shock of her outburst, then look down, "I'm sorry. Didn't know it was that touchy."

"Whatever." She looks down at her book stubbornly and I can only think that her angered and childish expression is adorably cute.

What? Alison enough. Number one, you like boys. Not girls.

Well, Emily's pretty close to a guy.

But she's a girl. Female! She identifies as female! 

Ugh...I can't like her. I don't like her!

After another hour of tutoring I leave the Kissing Rock and go to the Brew but when I walk in, CeCe is at the counter, reading. She looks up at me and I spin on my heels, walking out but she shouts after me, "Ali wait!"

She runs out after me and I sigh, turning to her. "When are we gonna stop doing this?"

"I don't know Ce you tell me. You're mad at me, remember?"

"You lied to me, remember?"

"I don't know what to say to you Ce." I run my hand through my hair and she sighs, "just tell me why you were with Emily that night, huh? I mean, considering the past few weeks and everything that she has done-" "I can't," I say and she groans.

"You know how I feel about her, Alison." She goes to walk away but I sigh, "CeCe! Fine. Yes! I know how you feel about Emily! But there is something you don't know..." She stares at me, waiting impatiently for me to continue.

"I promised her I'd tutor her if she left you alone."

She frowns, "what?"

"Maybe if you got your head so far out of your ass, you'd see that I am still your best friend. I'm doing this for you, Ce."

And with that, I walk away, ignoring her calls out to me.

Emily POV

"So you and Hanna are history now?" Noel says as we play in my driveway. I get a basket and grab the ball, "nah man. You know Hanna. We fight, we break up, we make up a few days later."

"So...Why put up with that?" He asks as he gets the ball when it goes through the basket again, throwing it to me.

"Because. We make up," I say with a smirk and shoot again, hearing a car door shut and my dad come up behind me, "here, ball." Noel throws him the ball and he shoots, nothing but net.

He smiles, "expect more of that from the father and son game because we are going to crush you guys."

I chuckle, "oh yeah?"

I run to the basket and Noel throws the ball up as I jump, grabbing it and slamming it through the net, jumping back down and smirk, "expect more of that."

"Bring it on," he challenges and I smile as he walks inside, leaving Noel and I to practice.

Alison POV

I bring a scone and coffee over to a table, smiling, "enjoy." I walk away and drop my smile when I see CeCe. I sigh and walk behind the counter, brewing more coffee. "I'm an idiot."

"You think?" I say with a sarcastic edge to my voice.

"I'm sorry. I miss hanging out with you Als."

I sigh, giving up, "I miss hanging out with you too."

"I really appreciate what you did to help me out Ali but...just let me handle the team stuff, okay?"

I nod, "sure thing." This makes her smile, "great so you can stop tutoring Emily now."

My smile falls when I hear that. She wants me to stop? "Um no...I can't, Ce."

"What? Why not? Als I said that-" "I made her a promise, CeCe. And if I break that promise then...I'm just as bad as...you think she is." I take my bag and leave the Brew, walking home.

Next Day

Emily POV

"You still mad at me?" I say as I walk up to Hanna at her locker. She shuts it and sighs, "I'm not mad."

I smile, going to speak when she turns away, "I'm just done."

I watch her walk away and groan in defeat. Then, I see Alison walk by, keeping her head low in a blue skirt and white top. I smile slightly at her but instantly turn away, surprised by my own actions. Why did I do that?

And why do I care what she's wearing?

CeCe POV

"So this...father son game. Think about who you're taking yet kid?" Whitey asks me and I sigh, "I was thinking I'd pass on this one."

He sighs, "thought so. Come on Charlotte. You shouldn't let Wayne scare you out of coming."

"Yeah but I don't have a dad besides him," I reason and Whitey chuckles, "you can think of something. Someone that you see as a parental figure even. You're smart, kid. Use your head."

He pats my back and walks away from me.

I frown, thinking of who I can ask and then I smile.

Spencer.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Emison interaction c:

THERE ARE KILLER CLOWNS NEAR ME AND I AM SO SCARED HELP

Review and Comment!

~stay fearless~

Caleigh <13