Chapter 25

YOUR POV

"(Y/N), after the break it's your turn. You have to go backstage now. " One of the crew members of the award show told me politely. I nodded at him and followed him after quickly saying goodbye to the others.

The same guy led me backstage and his colleagues handed me a mic and put on the needed equipment for the performance. I soon saw The Vamps walking towards me to get their equipment as well.

Try to be nice (Y/N), maybe then they'll be nice back. I thought while taking a deep breath.

"Hey guys, good luck out they're. We're gonna kill it." I said, trying to be nice. Tristan and Conner looked at me surprised, then shrugging and looking away as if I wasn't even there. James on the other hand, licked his lips while eyeing my up and down. I shifted uncomfortably and looked away.

"Good luck to you too, (Y/N). Did you come here alone tonight?" Brad spoke making me look back at him. I furrowed my eyebrows confused, cause he was actually behaving normally. I shrugged it off and smiled at him, while he came to stand in front of me.

"I just came here with my bandmates and friends." I told him with a big smile on my face, briefly looking back at the group of people I adored the most. They were all giving me thumbs ups and Lauren was sneakily blowing me air kisses. 

"Anyone special you came with? Any lover? Do you have a boyfriend or not?" He asked me while Tristan sat down behind his drum kit, and the others grabbed their guitars. "I don't have a boyfriend, why? " I spoke completely confused. He didn't answer though, he just smirked.

Was he going to make a move on me? Again?

"And now, performing with singer and lead guitarist of the upcoming band RIOT!: (Y/F/N) and The Vamps with I Found A Girl!" Nick Jonas announced into the mic looking into the camera. The audience clapped and soon became quiet to watch us perform.

Brad winked at me one last time before Tristan started counting down with his drumsticks.

Brad

This girl moved into my apartment

Brad smiled at me and came closer.

(Y/N)

one day

Brad

One look at her my heart was stopping

(Y/N)

Heartbreak

I sang every line with an awkward smile on my face.

Brad

I did whatever she was asking
She said,

(Y/N)

"Maybe later.
Catch you in the elevator."

Brad

A couple days we got to hanging"

Brad put his arm around my waist, his hand landing on my butt.

(Y/N)

"Too close"
I sang changing the lyrics and slightly pushing him off of me, yet no one noticed.

Brad

She said she wasn't even taken

(Y/N)

No, no

Brad

I made a move.
She said,

(Y/N)

"Baby, you're mistaken.
I'm not into bacon." 

I sang, trying to deliver the message that this was actually the case.

Brad

She got that smile
And that body is to die for
One of a kind
And that's why it makes me cry

'Cause I found a girl"-

(Y/N)

-"Who's in love with a girl"

I sang, interrupting him and trying to drop the hint and walked off the stage into the crowd where the girls and my bandmates sat.

Brad

She said that she tried
But she's not into guys

(Y/N)

Oh, why, tell me why

I sang while  stopping in front of Lauren and looking deeply into her eyes.

Brad

Did I fall for those eyes?
She said I was nice
But she's not into guys

I looked back at Brad before softly holding on to Lauren's face and pulling her closer for a tender kiss. A kiss no one was expecting. Every where around us gasps were heard, while my bandmates and Lauren's bandmates were cheering us on.

"I..I found a.. a girl.. " Brad sang distractingly, trailing off while looking at us. When all four band members noticed what was going on, they stopped playing in shock.

When Lauren and I separated from the kiss I looked around and the entire audience was quiet. I turned towards the camera and held up Lauren and my intertwined hands.

"I found a girl.." I sang shyly into the mic while kissing Lauren's cheek lovingly. Soon the entire audience went crazy, and flashes were going off everywhere. I looked at Lauren and she was blushing, but had a huge smile on her face. She looked around and noticed everybody cheering and being happy over our relationship. When she looked back at me, she stared into my eyes lovingly.

"Remember what Simon told us during the meeting?" I asked her smiling.

"If you want to make it public, let it be for a reason. Not randomly, make it the talk of the day." She told me, imitating Simon making me chuckle.

"Even though he was speaking to us like your manager, he was right. What better reason to do it this way, than showing a group of jerks that he can't always get what he wants?" I spoke, making her nod in agreement. I looked back at our bandmates and saw them putting on their (Y/S/N) shirts again. Where did they even have them before?

"What the.. HOW DID YOU GUYS KNOW?" I asked confused. "We didn't, we were carrying them with us  waiting for the moment you would." Dinah answered as if it were no big deal at all. Lauren just giggled and hid her face in the crook of my neck. I put my arms around her waist and hugged her.