12

It'd been a bit of a disjointed Sunday morning, consisting mostly of me feeling sorry for myself. My mum and dad weren't at home which pretty much left me to my thoughts.

Running my hand over the picture frame of an image of 6 year old me at a petting zoo had me wondering if that little girl ever thought she'd have serious dilemmas when she grew up. In the picture I was smiling, laughing even and despite the fact I was feeling pretty awful, it made me chuckle slightly.

I pulled out my phone and created a new message to Levi. It was the night after everything had kicked off and it'd be lying to say I slept soundly last night.

We'd exchanged numbers in order to figure out what we would do because after the kiss, neither of us were keen on sorting things out with Levi's situation.

I tapped in a message, changing the wording every few seconds and contemplating over putting an x at the end before I deleted it and decided that a simple message would work best.

Despite the kiss, I was still on wary terms with him. I couldn't shake the feeling that he wasn't all I'd expected him to be.

Whether I was clouded by the crush I had on him or not, one thing was for sure, I'd look after myself whether he thought I could or not.

It was still fresh in my mind that he was prepared to leave me. So in that moment I didn't care that my text sounded a little bitter.

decided what you want to do yet?

It took me a couple of minutes of turning my phone around in my hand before I could bring myself to send it and once it was gone, part of me wanted to bring it back so he couldn't read it. It was a shame that the first text I sent to Levi wasn't a 'hello' or a 'how are you?' but something rather negative.

I didn't have a reply for a while so I went into the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea in order to distract myself, and gave Rosie a call to see if she wanted to come over. Like me, and unlike the chefs, she didn't work Sunday's and I needed someone to talk to.

The only problem was that I'd have to explain everything that had happened last night which may or may not have me in tears by the end of it, she was to be round in 10 minutes.

I went to sit on the sofa with my phone unlocked on the armrest beside me, my eyes darting quick glances to see if anything had changed on the screen. It wasn't normal the amount of stress this was causing, why couldn't he just reply?

I was taking a tentative sip of my tea when I saw the three dots appear to imply he was typing, just as Rosie knocked at the door.

Leaving my phone on the armrest, I scrambled up to let her in "I brought ice cream!" She chirped, I knew I could rely on her.

It wasn't until Rosie arrived that it struck how terrible I must've looked. After the events the night before, I had no energy to shower so I probably didn't smell amazing and my hair stuck out at awkward angles in the awkward brown waves it was always in.

My eyes were puffy and had large bags underneath them, my skin was blotchy and I'd lost my appetite almost completely. It was strange how much something could effect me but I had Rosie in that moment and that's what I needed.

I smirked and ushered her inside so that we could both intently watch the screen as he typed. Releasing a breath I hadn't realised I'd been holding, we read the message.

i'm still trying to find a way out, but i'll get there x

Another message came through almost instantaneously.

and amber, i'll keep you safe. this is my mess to sort out and i don't want it hurting you

Levi put the kiss that I had refused to, why was I still so bitter?

"Way out of what?" Rosie asked to which I told her to grab two spoons for the ice cream before taking a deep breath and telling her everything that had happened last night.

The fight.

The drugs.

The kiss.

The goddamn admitting to being in love.

"-and I'm assuming that text means he's going to try and make it work with us, he should be back next week but we have to be secretive, I'm not sure I'll have to talk to him"

For the first time that day I felt an immense weight lift from my shoulders and I smiled slightly. Levi loved me and he was going to get out of the whole dealing circuit for me.

I was going to live happily ever after, everything was going to be okay.

Wasn't it?

***

Yes yes I know it's been forever but I lost inspiration and so this chapter is boring and hopefully it'll get better. I'm so sorry for the 2 people that actually read this mess (also I hit 1k reads?? wtf thank you! hopefully I'll be here more often) -Megs x