10

Four weeks ago was my date with Levi.

Three weeks ago was my 'break-up' with Levi and even though we technically weren't in a relationship, it still hurt like hell every single day.

So obviously I did something wrong but to have no explanation as to what it was, was killing me. The last three weeks had been torture and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how he was feeling about the whole thing. Was he sad too, happy, emotionless?

Nate and Rosie had agreed between them to take any orders to Levi's table so that I didn't have to encounter him, I wasn't ready yet. How I could go from starting to work out his mystery about why he was at the table, to his latest actions that had sent me back to square one, was ridiculous and I didn't feel I knew him anymore. That thought broke me, I trusted him.

This was the reason I was scared of getting close to people.

Where did the black eye come from anyway? Another thing I'd never know unless he talked to me; which clearly wasn't happening anytime soon.

To begin with, I experienced sadness but it was now replaced with anger. On our date, Levi told me a story about how he used to get angry at his brother and how he'd overcome it by a combination of punching his pillow and listening to heavy metal. I wish he'd open up to me like that again.

Seeing as I was in the restaurant I couldn't do either but I did think about how good they currently both sounded to help control what I was feeling. He hadn't looked at me directly for those three weeks now and I truly found you don't miss things until they're gone.

I flicked violently though a menu's pages over and over again to try and distract myself.

Austin dinged the bell at the bar which snapped me out of my trance so I went to collect and serve the drinks tray "Amber?" Austin said but I didn't reply, I didn't want to "Amber are you okay?" He repeated, all of the staff had a faint idea about what had happened because I'd told George who informed the others, also making sure they didn't make a big deal out of it so I could try and forget.

Brenda and Rosie weren't half angry though which was quite nice to see that they were quick to stand up for me, at least I could trust some people.

"I'm fine" I muttered, proceeding to pick up the tray of drinks. My brain was clouded with negative thoughts like a violent storm was moving in as I did so.

My knuckles turned white from the way I gripped the tray when I picked it up. Austin nodded and told me that it was table 27 the drinks needed to go to, coincidently the table with the customer that had been giving me grief all night.

Put it this way, he was the kind of person you don't need when, as a waitress, you're told to live by the motto 'the customer is always right' because you'll learn that they never really are. He'd already been picky about the temperature of bread and was quite frankly rude in the way he acted.

Either way, I arrived with the tray of drinks, my back to Levi who was on the table opposite "I have a lemonade" I chirped, before placing it down in front the girl that had said it was hers.

"and a Peroni" I continued, working my way through the drinks, the man that had been rude to me all night said it was his so I walked over to his side to place it in front of him. I was closer to Levi now and I felt my palms grow clammy, anger and grief combining to result in what happened next.

I accidentally lost control of the tray, meaning the remaining drinks fell over and spilt... Right onto the man.

A lot like how I had lost control of my emotions, he lost control of his, going instantly into a string of curse words and dramatic gestures as he wiped at his wet jacket with a napkin. I apologised over and over, offering to get some more napkins and free drinks, even suggesting I pay for his jacket to be washed but the man would not calm down.

He stood up to look at me and shouted some more "you stupid little fuc-"

"I-" I tried to speak but no words would come out, I backed up instinctively

"How could you be so bloody-"

"-Who the fuck do you think you're talking to like that?" I heard a seemingly quiet yet calm voice cut over the man's from behind me, a voice that I had missed. A voice that made my heart skip as I heard it again.

"Excuse me?" the man replied, glaring at the space behind me "I don't think this is any of your business son, go and sit back down"

"I don't think I can do that" Levi said a little louder this time. I turned around quickly to look at him and our eyes finally met, though mine were probably full of fear. He stood up and walked a little closer to where I was stood.

"and I don't think this is your conversation" this time the man lunged to grab my wrist and before I could conceive what was happening, Levi had run in front of me and delivered a punch to the man's stomach, causing him to shout out loudly.

It was in that moment that Austin rounded the corner, Nate, Rosie and even Drew in tow and I'd never seen him lose it before but that was about to change.

"Levi!" He practically yelled, his face red from a mixture of embarrassment and rage "out, now!"

"But-" I tried to defend Levi but he put his hand on my shoulder and brought a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet. He quickly looked around at the people staring at the scene we'd created before striding briskly out of the restaurant door, a hint of distress on his features.

The man sat back down, muttering something about napkins and a few of the onlookers started to turn back to their own meals whilst I just stood there in utter shock.

I knew I only had one choice.

I had to go after him.

***

I can't believe people actually read this story like what? But, after a couple of mildly violent comments on the last chapter (which I did laugh at) I felt it wasn't fair for y'all to wait too long for this one hahahha, enjoy I guess~ megs