5

The following week I bounded into work with a wide smile spread across my features. The fact Levi thought I was cute had got me through the whole week until I was back again when I was determined to ask Austin about Levi, especially now I basically had permission to.

I felt a lot more confident working on the second half of the restaurant now that Levi and I had spoken and it was weird how one comment he'd said had made me endlessly happy. I guess before I never really had anyone make me feel the way I did around him.

I liked that feeling a lot.

Three tables finished eating and left in quick succession leaving me to disinfect them before laying the fresh cutlery and plates ready for the next customers. I was keeping an eye on Austin to see whereabouts he was to ask him about Levi but it was busy that night so we were working at pace with little time for a break.

I'd even got kicked out of the kitchen by Brenda who was under a lot of pressure with the others because of the amount of orders they kept having through. It also meant that I had little time to really see Levi, let alone talk to him but I made sure that it was me that took his main course.

"Enjoy" I said as I placed his plate down, clearing his empty glass after I did so "Can I get you another drink?"

"If it means you'll come over again, I'd like a tap water please" he sent that cheeky smile I'd become all too accustomed to that made my heart hammer and cheeks flush. He knew full well what he was doing to me. Maybe he was doing it to make me happy. I liked that thought.

"Of course, Levi" it was my turn to smirk this time.

"Thanks, Amber" we emphasised each other's names again playfully like we had the week before and it took a lot of control of me to not let out an idiotic, immature, giggly, little laugh I'm sure would ruin any chance of him wanting to talk to me in future.

After I'd taken Levi his water, he finished not long after and left. I waved him goodbye, already missing him when he rounded the corner, like his presence in the restaurant was somehow keeping me sane throughout the stressful shift.

The rush died down not too long after that and the half Austin and I were working on had calmed so now was as good a time as any to ask him about Levi, I decided.

"Busy shift tonight, huh?" He asked as I came over to stand with him "you coping okay?" He smiled, despite being my boss he was a lot more like an equal the way he treated his workers. Obviously if we weren't doing our job properly he got annoyed but he had a lot of respect for those that worked hard and he'd labelled me as one of those people.

"Yeah I'm doing pretty good thanks" I smiled hurriedly before changing the topic in fear that a customer would need us to separate soon "um I was wondering if you could answer a question I have-" I started nervously, fiddling with the rolled sleeves of my shirt.

"Is it about Levi?" He interrupted with a little smirk, knowing full well that it was.

"Well, yeah" I smiled a little awkwardly. Was it creepy, asking information about a person I hardly knew but at the same time couldn't imagine being happy without?

"Well for the record, I think that you two are very cute" he half chuckled, half sighed. Austin's genuinely nice exterior never failed to amaze me "what is it you want to know?"

I wasn't sure how to answer so I paused for a moment before speaking "everything" I sighed, tucking the loose strands of hair behind my ears nervously "why does he come here every week? Especially to sit on a table meant for four people when there's only one of him and I've never seen him have any guests" I continued before adding "I mean he said I could ask you-"