Chapter 25: He Did It On Purpose!

Start from the beginning

“I was not like that.” I defended. 

Who was he too say what I was like? Now he’s getting toenails, fingernails and a hairball in his pizza.     

“Says you, have you herd your chat up lines, if I recall ‘do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again’ hum?” I snickered and he smiled. 

“I like that one.” He smiled and I tried not to smile back at the face he pulled. 

“Are you serious?” 

“I’m going to use that all the time now.” He said happily. 

“If you’re aiming to pull a lady, that’s a fail.” 

“It pulled you.” He shrugged and I felt a flutter in my stomach. I ignored my heartbeat and opened my mouth to say something and slammed it shut again.  There was silence and as we stood there, I looked at the buttons at the top of the elevator that glowed every time we passed a floor; we were reaching the seventy-first floor when I felt a shudder underneath my feet and the elevator stopped moving. 

I glanced at Kyle. 

“It’s stopped?” I looked towards the doors willing them to open with my mind. 

“I hadn’t noticed.” He said sarcastically. 

“I really want to punch you in your face.”  I muttered and stuck my tough out at his back when he walked towards the elevator doors. I watched as he ran his finger over a black spot and a panel opened up the glass sliding away and a small device moved forward. 

“That is so cool.” I stood next to him holding the now cold pizza. 

As he pressed buttons it made a small beeping sound. 

I watched as he pressed a red button. 

“What’s that?” I asked watching him. 

“It’s a sort of panic button it will alert everyone where stuck, we will be moving any minute now. 

“You said any minute.” I confronted him.

He rolled his eyes and looked at the device and pressed it for the hundredth time “I’m not physic how am I supposed to know when where going to get rescued. Bloody trust me to be stuck in a lift with an inpatient woman.” He breathed. 

I snorted and looked at him, my feet touching his. We had been stuck for almost half hour now and we had already nearly demolished the pizza. 

There was silence as we ate the rest of the pizza; I burst out laughing when I remember something. 

Kyle raised his eyebrows “What are you laughing about?” he asked curiosity in his eyes. 

I smiled and looked at the pizza “When I was 11 I was a pizza junky, still am now.” I added before he could open his mouth “Every Friday we would order pizza and then something strange happened. My dad brought me a puppy, Rodger. The first week we had him I sneaked him some pizza the little rascal could never get enough of it. I had to eat with one eye on him or he would try to do a superman and jump to get it. Even though he was as small as my foot he was as demanding as me and was as stupid as you.” I added and he frowned, chomping down on his pizza angrily “Then two weeks later we ordered pizza and when the man turned up he had Rodger stuck to his trousers dragging him along. He was not letting go. As he grew the pizza man would always turn up in a different position, Rodger had jumped on his back, tore his hat, peed on his shoe, dry humped him, rammed him he even tried to make him fall over using his favorite  football. Each time his ways became more amusing.” I smiled.