Prologue ~ 12 April 1934

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I don't think I wi..." He's cut off as the door to his parents room slams open and Niall's parents run out. Immediately the gun is pointed at them. 

"No, please, let them go and do whatever you want with me." Niall starts begging now. 

The dark-haired man holding Niall chuckles. "I'm afraid I can't do that." He says. "Back into the room!" He yells then at Niall's parents. Without saying a word, they obey. 

"Against the wall!" The man orders again when everyone is inside. The man with the gun pushes Niall's mother, Maura against the wall roughly when she doesn't move. 

"Hey, leave her alone!" His father shouts, but all he gets is a hit in his face from the gun. From the force he falls on the floor hard. A large cut in his cheek spills blood over his face. It must hurt an awful lot.

"Tie them up!" The man holding Niall commands the other one, who quickly takes some rope and starts to tie Niall's parents up. 

Then Niall's eyes are forced to the the brown one's in front of him. "And you blondie, you are in a lot of trouble." He says, before chucking Niall on the floor like some trash. 

Before the boy can get up, his hands and feet are tied together and a cloth is forced into his mouth. The two criminals stand in the middle of the room, between Niall and his parents in. 

"Good, now you're all paying attention, welcome on your last night. And you boy." He says, turning to Niall. "May see it all." Then he takes a knife from his front pocket and clicks it open. The other man lays his gun on the floor while holding Niall so he can't look away from the place his parents are standing.

The man with the knife walks to his mother first and puts the knife against her throat. "Now, shall I slit over your graceful neck?" He asks, making a cut on her neck. Red blood floats out immediately. "Or shall I cut open your stomach first?" Then he plunges the knife in her stomach.

Niall closes his eyes tightly when his mother's scream gets muffled by the cloth in her mouth. He doesn't want to look anymore. This all must be a dream. He thinks while tears start to stream down his face. 

He tries to block out the horrible sounds his mother is making when the man works with his knife. Soon enough he can hear his mother starting to choke on her own blood. And that's when the first gun shot sounds. 

Shocked, Niall opens his eyes, but he wishes he didn't when he sees his mum on the floor, her brain and blood sticking against the wall.

Niall screams loudly in the cloth in his mouth. How can they do something like this?

"Shut up!" The murderer of his mother yells, but Niall can't. He just saw the maimed body of his dead mother. How is he suppose to stay still?

"Fine, now your dad will get it worse." Niall hears the man say. His head snaps up and he starts shaking his head in a silent plead.

But it is too late already. Nobody is watching him. 

With one swing of the knife, the criminal cuts off one of his father's ears. Only this time, Niall can't tear his eyes away from the horror.

The man is smiling when he starts to torture Niall's father. He stabs the knife in his shoulder and turns it a full round before pulling it out again. 

"Now, say goodbye." He says, picking up the gun. 

Another blast sounds through the house, making Niall's dad face the same destiny as his mother.

Niall cries harder. By now he wishes the men will kill him too. Without his parents, he's got no one. He just hopes they'll do it quickly and painless.

Of course he could only hope.

Two pair of eyes are pointing at him when the murderers take the gag from his mouth. One man holds his head in his hands, making it unable for Niall to move. The other man brings the knife closer to Niall's face. 

"Lay very still boy." He says and then Niall feels the knife at his mouth. A stinging sention eruppts when the man cuts two centimetres from the corner of his mouth. He does the same at the other side. 

Niall wants to scream at how painful it is, but his face is hold so tight he can't even opens his mouth to do so. He can feel the blood running into his mouth and over his chin. 

And then finally the man releases his face. Niall opens his mouth to scream, but that is one of the biggest mistakes he ever made. From the moment he opens his mouth further then the cuts reach, they rip open wider, making his grin reach from one ear to another.

The two men are standing over Niall, enjoying his pain. But they're not done yet. One of the man takes another object from his pocket. This time a lighter. 

He makes the flame pop up and again brings it to Niall's face. The other man takes hold of Niall's head again, forcing his eyes to stay open. 

Niall can't protest. He's too weak from blood loss already. He scream again when the flame reaches his eye. He feels his eye loose the ability to see and melt further away. A white liquid runs out of his eye socket. The same process repeats itself with his other eye. 

"Just kill me." Niall pleads, but it sounds horrible thanks to his deformed mouth. 

"Be patient, blondie. And shut up!" One of the man yells. Niall doesn't know who, since he can't see anymore. 

Niall doesn't see it coming when the man forces his knife into his mouth once again and cuts of his tongue, making the blond scream again.

"Goodbye." Is the last thing Niall hears before he feels the bullet enter his skull. 

~*~

The next day a friend of the family found the Horan's. He immediately warned the police, who started an investigation. 

After three months the investigation was put to an end. The murderer was never found. The house was emptied and put on sold, but no one ever wanted to buy it.

Until, 80 years later, finally a naive teenager buys the house. Not knowing that it's still inhabited...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(1658 words.)

Here is the prologue. I'm so nervous for what you guys think of this story. and oh my god, the description. got so many good replies. I'm so happy. :)

Dedicatedto @ZarifMohd. thank you so much for your lovely comment. and for the follow too. :)

Iwanttosaythankyoutoalltheotherpeoplewhocommentedtoo. Tobehonest, thecommentsarethereasonIupdatedtonight :) Ilovethem.

Okay, please

Vote

comment

fan/follow

Oh, and bestcomment = dedication!

xx Lisa xx