Chapter 1 "The Beginning"

"Justin and Naomi." The teacher called and I looked over at Justin whose face curled up into a grimace whereas Naomi squealed. I could understand why he wasn't pleased. Working on a project with an obsessed ex probably won't be so fun.

"Destiny and Ashley." But I wasn't clearly going to have more fun than him. I looked over at my partner across the room who was absorbed into her phone.

I walked over and sat down in the unoccupied seat next to her. She didn't bother looking up but she sighed showing that she didn't want anything to do with me.

Well, fuck you, too.

I opened my notebook and began to write down ideas for our project. Ashley proceeded to take selfies on her phone and I rolled my eyes. This is ridiculous.

"So, um, what are we doing? I wasn't paying attention." She asked.

At least, she's trying.

"We're supposed to-"

"I just can't help how pretty I am, you know?" She said smiling, flashing her white teeth at me.

Never mind.

"Right..." I responded slowly.

"Models like me are so busy these days. We can't really pay attention to...insignificant things." She eyed me on the last part.

"That's interesting." It really wasn't but making enemies wasn't really my thing. Besides, I haven't seen her in...anything.

"Of course, I'm an interesting person." She answered before laughing at something on her phone.

"My friends are such sluts. It's unbelievable." She commented and I winced at the term.

"Like would you try to date your friend's ex? Because I find that disrespectful."

"No but I wouldn't know because I've never had any close friends." I answered.

Her eyes gasped and her eyes widened. "You poor, poor thing. I'll be your friend. You need me as a friend obviously."

I inched away from her. "I'd rather no-"

"Come to my place after school. I'll get the girls together and we can hang out." She said, fingers tapping quickly against her phone.

"But we need to do the project." I said trying to come up with a valid excuse.

"We can do that, too, or something."

Before I could get another word in, Naomi's laughter rang out through the class. Ashley clicked her tongue in annoyance. "She is so desperate. I don't get why she still tries when Justin clearly doesn't want anything to do with her."

I held back another snarky comment and chose to say something else. "You sound like you like him."

"Oh, sweetie. I adore him. He's clearly mine but some people just don't get it." She winked at me and I tried to smile at her but I failed miserably.

Why do I always get stuck with the groupies?

"Would you be a doll and finish up that list so we can go over it? I really don't want to fail this class."

"Then maybe you should help." I whispered.

"You say something?" She asked.

"I said, I would love to." I smiled at her and she looked satisfied enough to turn her attention back to her phone.

My smile dropped and I began to draw aimlessly in my notebook. What was so special about him, anyway? Sure, he has a pretty face but if his personality is shit then what's the point? Why break your own heart over someone who could care less?

These questions left me clueless and confused no matter how many times I ask myself. But maybe if I got to know him...

I shook that thought away. He was probably just like everybody else.

The bell shook me out of my thoughts and everyone scrambled to get out of class. I grabbed my bag and closed my notebook. "Hey, girlie."

I turned to look at Ashley with a frown. "That's not my name."

"Sorry, sorry. Destiny, right?"

"Yeah."

"What's your number? I have to tell you my address and when to be there."

Who even said I was going? "Yeah, sure."

I gave her my phone number and she entered it. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket when she sent a verification message. I noticed the next class starting to trickle in and I stood up.

"Thanks, I guess." I hurried out of the classroom and headed to my next class.

--------------

Once I got home, I sighed loudly as I walked in. I dropped my book bag on the couch and sat down beside it. I pulled out my phone and opened the message from Ashley.

Unknown Number

Hey, it's Ash!!! Come to 7306 Greensman Lane. Be there before 5:30 or you're getting locked out ;)

I glanced at the time and saw that it was sometime past three. I really don't feel like going anyway.

The front door clicked and opened, presenting my mother. She smiled and walked over, kissing me on my cheek. "Hey, ma."

"Hey, Dee. Did you go to the book store today?" She asked as she took off her jacket.

"No, not yet," I thought for a moment. "But I think I'll go tomorrow."

"You hungry?" She said holding up a bag from the chinese food joint down the street.

"I knew I smelled something good." I grinned and jumped up to grab some.

"You look tired. Something happen today?" She asked as she pulled the contents out of the bag.

"We had to partner up for our new project." I spotted some sesame chicken and slid it over to me.

"And?"

"My partner is...not really that special. She's gaga for Justin like most of the population our school." My mom scooped up some rice, chicken, and vegetables.

I tried to steal some but she slapped my hands away. "Who's Justin?"

"Famous rich pretty boy at our school." I answered simply.

"Oh, okay."

"She asked me to hang out with her today because she thinks I need friends."

My mom successfully snagged some sesame chicken from me and I wrinkled my nose at her. "You should go. You get to see inside of these other little girl heads. I bet it would be interesting."

"And torture myself doing it? No." I scoffed.

"Your loss."

Who would in their right mind would go hang out with them?

--------------

I'm so sorry that I'm about to do this to y'all😩😩😩

But, anyways, welcome back, you vultures. If you think this is going to be happy go lucky and just plain all sunshine and rainbows, you're in the wrong place, buddy.

Let's see we have *adjusts glasses* Destiny starring as her antisocial self and Justin who is more troubled than I would like to tell you.

I'm so sorry, Justin! Please forgive me!!!😭😭😭

But you guys asked for another book so you can't complain😘😘😘

Have fun suffering and may the force be with you because you'll need it if you continue reading from here.

P.S: See if you guys can spot the major decision changes from Cocoa And Vanilla as the book goes on. I'll give y'all a hint to get you started. Destiny decided not to go to the bookstore in this book but, in Cocoa And Vanilla, she did and saw Justin again.