Chapter 15 "At The Drawing Board"

"You look terrible."

It came out of my mouth before I could stop it but Justin barely had a reaction to it.

"I know." It came out raspy and hoarse.

Dry mouth.

"What's wrong? Are you sick?" I asked as I approached him.

He sat up and smiled weakly. "I wish I was."

His shirt was nearly completely drenched in sweat and I winced.

Sweating.

"Have you moved at all today?"

"Nope," He said nonchalantly. "I'm fine."

"So, you haven't​ ate at all today?"

He tensed and crossed his arms over his chest. "I wasn't hungry."

Loss of appetite.

"Justin-"

"Why are you here?" He asked, tersely.

I frowned. "I came to check on you. You weren't answering your texts. We were worried sick. I was the closest to your place so I decided to drop by first."

He gave a dry smile. "Why? Already feared the worst? Thought I kicked the bucket?"

My hands balled up into fists and an flare of anger shoot through me. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Is it so wrong that we wanted to know you were-"

"Dead?" He offered.

"No, we wanted to know if you were okay."

"Do I look okay to you?" He snapped.

"Stop and just listen to me!"

It went silent for a few seconds before I sighed, my anger simmering. "Let's get something light for you to eat, okay?"

"I'm not hungry."

"You're going to feel worse if you don't eat, Justin. I just want to help." I replied, softly.

I saw the tension bleed out of his shoulders and his head slump. "...I think I can try some crackers."

I nodded, attempting a smile. "I'll go get them. I have to go in a second, though. I have something to take care of right quick but call me if you need anything."

"Could you..." He started.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What?"

"Could you take Merissa with you? I don't want her to see me like this."

I frowned again. "Justin, I don't think-"

"I'll be fine. Trust me, okay? I'll eat and take a shower. Maybe drink a glass a water before sleeping for the rest of the day? I'll be as good as new tomorrow."

I opened my mouth to protest but the words got stuck in my throat. I swallowed thickly before speaking again. "Call me, okay?"

"Got it."

I walked out of the room and stopped by the kitchen before going to grab Merissa. I tossed the pack of crackers towards Justin and he caught them clumsily.

I went upstairs and knocked on Merissa's door. She opened the door slowly and grinned when she saw it was me. "Destiny!"

"Hey, sweetheart. Want to come with me for a bit?"

She nodded and I smiled. "Go put your shoes on."

While she was wondering what shoes to wear, I pulled out my phone and sent a text to all of my friends.