Chapter 23 ~ Boyfriend or nah?

While I stuffed my mouth full with delicious pancakes I listened to Ash bitching about Ethan being too serious and I couldn't agree more. He was too serious and I hoped hearing it from someone else but me would do him some good. I didn't have that high hopes, no, but trying didn't hurt, did it?

After we were done eating Ash turned his eyes on me and asked the question I had been waiting a while for him to ask.

"Have you been home yet Matt?" He said and I could see Ethan narrow his eyes out of the corner of my eye.

Yeah... that about sums it up.

"No, I'm going to take the car and go home today though. My mother needs it for work so I don't have that much of a choice." I said, adding that last part while shooting Ethan a meaningful glance. He knew I needed to go home, at least to leave the car I took without asking.

"Good, I bet your mother was really worried when you just disappeared. Are Sky and Lionel going to be home too?" Ash kept asking and I nodded slightly as I answered:

"Yeah, at least Sky is at home but I don't know about Lionel. He's so busy nowadays that he almost never visits us."

Suddenly Ethan's voice spoke from beside me and I wasn't really surprised about what he said.

"Who is that?" He asked and I shot him a small smile in reassurance before I responded with a single word:

"Brothers."

I could see Ethan's surprised look and I had time to think that if he actually bothered to calm down from time to time he would actually know such things by now.

"How old is he now? Sky I mean?" Regina's voice suddenly said and I turned my head to see her walk into the kitchen with Kate and Amber in tow.

"He's turning fifteen in a month or so." I answered, and I could see Regina nod in response.

"He's bratty as hell right now though so it's not that fun to be at home. Who knew a fifteen year old kid could be so infuriating? Even Lionel has a hard time dealing with him. Not that he's much better. He can be really annoying too." I grumbled, talking way more than I originally planned when I got reminded of my family back home.

"Yeah but that's family Matt, plus, you're not so easy to deal with either. I bet your mother still has a hard time controlling you." Ash stated dryly and I immediately shot him a small glare.

He was right though. I wasn't the easiest to deal with and I knew it. My mother never ceased to try though and I guess she should get extra points because of that.

I wondered how she would react if I decided to tell her about Ethan. Would she get mad? Sad? Happy? I didn't know but if I were to imagine how my mother would react to Ethan's and my relationship it wouldn't even come close to how I imagined my older brother would react. He would probably flip and start making me wear dresses and go shopping with girls.

My older brother could be such a jerk when it came to teasing me and Sky that I didn't even want to know how he would go about it this time. I mean if he found out that I was suddenly gay... eh okay that sounded strange even to my own ears... he would surely nag the living shit out of me and at the same time laugh his ass off on my expense.

When I thought about my older brother's laughing face I couldn't help but pout and I could see Ash grin from the corner of my eye. I guess he could tell what I was thinking of because he nudged my side and gave me a wide smirk.

"If any of them start to hate you, you can always come crying to me. I'm used to feeling unwanted." He said and even though the smirk was still there I could see the seriousness just underneath the surface. That's why I forced myself to smile back at him and say: