Chapter 6 ~ Undressing people isn't nice

An hour or so later I had finished the lollipop since long ago and the film was nearing its end. I was starting to get really tired and I could feel myself nod off occasionally. When Ethan noticed that I wasn't exactly interested in the movie any longer he gently moved me around and made me straddle his lap instead. Then he carefully wrapped a blanket around us both and I didn't even have the energy to tell him that I could manage by myself. I doubt he would have listened anyway and a second later I could feel myself snuggle closer to him under the blanket.

When he began to softly caress my hair I hummed in approval and without thinking I put my face in the crook of his neck. His scent was soothing for some reason and I couldn't help it as my body immediately relaxed against Ethan's.

"I'm tired Ethan..." I whined under my breath as I shivered against him and I could feel him wrap the blanked closer around me.

"I know babe, do you want to go to bed?" He asked and I could feel myself nod against him. I didn't even want to think about how strange it was to be asked that by a man I didn't even know that well. Ethan hummed in understanding though and then he slowly and carefully rose from the couch.

"Wrap your arms around my neck and your legs around my waist." He instructed and I didn't even hesitate as I did as told. When I had, Ethan made his way over to the door and with a small 'goodnight' to Regina and a sleeping Kate he walked out of the room.

As soon as we stepped out into the corridor the light blinded me and I groaned as I buried my face against Ethan's chest.

"Fucking sun..." I muttered tiredly and I could hear Ethan laugh softly.

"Let's get you to bed before you start to make even more cute comments sweetheart." Ethan said and I only hummed in response. Somehow I felt like he was making fun of me but at the same time I couldn't care less. I was too tired to care.

Ethan brought me up to the second floor and kept walking until he arrived at a dark blue door. He pushed it open with me still clinging to him and then he stepped inside and pushed it closed behind us.

I figured he would put me down so I tried to focus on untangling my arms from him but when I did, Ethan simply took a better hold around me and walked up to another door which was standing wide open. When he stepped inside I realized that it was a bathroom and I almost rolled my eyes as he went up to the sink and carefully lowered me down until I was sitting on the cold white counter. I rubbed my eyes and then I shot him an irritated glance.

"I want to go to bed not sit on a cold counter Ethan." I said, raising an eyebrow at him in question. He sent me a small smile and then he shook his head at me.

"You, 'Mr. grumpy-pants', will brush your teeth before you go to bed." He said and I immediately noticed the toothbrush he now had in his hand. When had he picked up that? Ah whatever!

"Fine, give it to me." I muttered childishly as I held my hand out towards him. Ethan simply ignored my outstretched hand as he stepped up to stand between my thighs and then he gave me an amused smile and raised the toothbrush to my mouth.

"Say 'aah'." He said, and I almost lost it as he imitated how dentists usually did when asking you to open your mouth. I couldn't help it as I let out a small chuckle but then I obediently opened my mouth so he could get the toothbrush inside. Hm... for some reason I felt like he was treating me like a small child. I wonder why...

"Ae ou dun oon?" I asked after a while, trying to speak even though my mouth was currently stuffed with a green toothbrush. Ethan laughed at me but then he pulled back the toothbrush and went to wash it off in the sink.