Chapter Nineteen

Tony

"The same bed?" Clint asks.

"Yeah, it's no big deal," I reply while picking at the stale food on my tray.

Clint slowly turns his head until he is staring right at Bruce next to him.

"Perhaps you could tell me how this isn't gay?"

Bruce shrugs, "Tony, I hate to urge you on like Clint does, but that's pretty fucking gay."

"You know what, only Clint is aloud to be mean to me because I told him to shove it up his ass," I say while crossing my arms.

"Oh but I could make so many gay jokes with just that expression alone," Bruce remarks.

I smirk at his manner. Yes, I so stupidly told my friends about our little sleepover. Nothing much happened, we just lied in the bed and talked for a few hours. I got everything off of my chest, and he comforted me. Nothing special, really. It made me feel nice. It made me feel something I've never really felt before with someone. My fingers tingled when we touched, my heart fluttered at his every movement, and my breathing wavered at his softly spoken words.

"Aww, Tony. Did Stevie rub your back to help you fall asleep?" Clint mocks.

"Okay, I'm going to change the subject before you start 'ironically' making out with Bruce to prove a point," I say, mainly to shut him up.

"How about a party I plan on throwing?" I ask.

Clint gasps dramatically, "COULD THIS BE?!"

"Tone it down, Barton." I smack the table in front of him.

"Could it be?" This time whispering, "That I see the old Stark coming out?"

"No, actually." I pause for a moment, eyeing Steve who is a few tables away from us. I have a perfect view of him laughing away with his friends.

"A more comfortable Stark, that old one wasn't happy."

"With Pepper?" Bruce asks.

"That old me wasn't happy with Pepper, or my hoard of fake friends. Now I know who really cares for me. I'm happy with that."

"Well, we're happy for you. So what kind of party will this be?" Clint asks, quickly getting to the subject he is more interested in.

I smile mischievously, "Invite everyone. Mom and Dad are leaving the whole week for a business trip, and I'm still pretty pissed at my father. Everyone and everything will be trashed."

Clint claps with joy, "YES! It seems like I haven't had fun in eighty years!"

"So, what do you mean when you say everyone is invited?" Bruce asks.

"I mean everyone. Jocks, nerds, those kids who hang out behind school during fifth period, every single person."

Clint smiles in a way I haven't seen him smile in a long time. He has a look of eager ambition, like he's ready for anything to happen right now.

"When's it gonna be?" Bruce asks.

"Friday night. Tell every single person you know," I demand.

"I think my brother is coming down from college on Thursday... Maybe he could bring some of his college friends?" Clint suggests.

"Sure, make them buy beer. By the way, that's what we're going to be doing Wednesday and Thursday," I inform them.

"And how are we going to do that? Fake ID's?" Bruce asks.

"Well, I ordered some movie quality wigs and beards for us. Who's gonna card someone with gray hair?"

"Tony, that's nice and all, but do you even know how to put those on to make them look real?" Bruce asks.

"I do." Clint chimes in, "Pietro's sister has been taking a cosmetology class since freshman year. She can help us."

"And we're all set! Just a couple of old dudes, buying unhealthy amounts of drugs," I say satisfyingly.

"Wait, we can't get all of the alcohol at one store. No one's going to believe that old men drink that much," Bruce observes.

"Well, I planned on skipping tomorrow. We could have a tiny little liquor road trip so no one stays suspicious. Also, when you invite people, tell them to bring beer."

Bruce smiles and lightly shakes his head, "Yeah, sounds full proof. Except if we get pulled over and the cop sees a couple of underaged kids with loads of weed and beer."

I look over to Steve as casually as possible, wondering if he would be willing to skip with us. I rest my head in my palm to observe him from afar, seeing him happy just makes me happy.

"Tony!" Bruce's voice yells, snapping me back into reality.

"What?" I ask.

"Did you not hear me?"

"No I, uh, was thinking about a history test I have tomorrow."

That's believable.

"I said go ask Steve and see if he wants to go with us. He actually has manly structure, unlike us," Bruce says, sarcastically enunciating every word.

"And it's nice to have a fuck buddy on long car rides," Clint states.

I smirk and point my finger at him, "That's the last on for today."

I stand from our table and make my way towards Steve. I writhe my hands, confused as to what to say. Hey Steve, wanna dress up like an old man and go buy some alcohol illegally? Sure, it's worth a shot.

I plop down right in between him and Bucky. Bucky groans in discomfort and scoots to the left to talk to Thor. Leaving me with a sliver of privacy to share with Steve.

I ask him m my question, as blatant as possible, and he pauses for a moment. His mouth is ajar as he thinks of a worthy answer.

"Well?" I urge.

"Well..." He continues, "Normally, I wouldn't do this sort of thing. But, since you've been through some really rough stuff, I'm down."

I beam at these words, "Thank you so much Steve."

"Anything for you, Tony."

"Meet me at my house in the morning, my parents are leaving tonight. Invite everyone you know, kay?"

Steve nods in agreeance, "Will do. Don't worry, I will make sure that you have the best night of your life."

I snicker, "The last time someone said that to me, I ended up getting laid."

A/N

Short really fast paced chapter sorry