Chapter One

Tony

"C'mon man! You've got to get back out there. It's been forever since you broke up with Pepper!" Clint exclaims as we walk down the crowded hall that is filled with students.

"You agree with me, right Bruce?" He asks the boy who is walking at the left of me.

"Clint, it's none of our business," He tells him. I shoot Clint, who is walking to the right of me, a sarcastic look.

"Thank you, Bruce," I tell him as we try to weave over to the left side of the wall where a clump of lockers are. They were assigned to us in alphabetical order by last names, so Bruce and Clint are lucky enough to have two right beside of each other... While I'm not-so-lucky enough to have one beside of Steve Rogers.

"Dude it's totally our business, we're his best friends!" Clint says as he starts to unlock his locker.

"Okay, what do you suggest I do? Make out with the first person I see?" I ask Clint while standing behind with my arms crossed.

"That's what you used to do! Since freshman year you have been the only one of us who could keep a steady, hot, date," Clint says while hastily taking out two worn out math books from his locker.

"Dude, I still need to bounce back from Pepper."

"That was junior year! We're seniors now, and I think you need to get back into the game," He says as we wait for Bruce to get out his own textbooks.

"Bruce, could you please tell this moron that I shouldn't be dating anyone right now?" I ask him while he slams his own locker. We continue to walk down the hall until we arrive to the clump of lockers that has mine.

"Oh, I dunno man. It's not any of my business, but maybe a rebound would be good for you?" He tells me in a questioning tone.

I roll my eyes and fiddle with the lock on my locker, "Look who's talking! Neither of you have had a girlfriend since, what, sophomore year?"

I finally open my locker and I shove my huge backpack into it. I begin looking for my biology notes.

"Well, yes. But I'm making an effort to get back out there! It's easy for you, Tony. You're the smartest and richest kid in the school. Mention that to a girl on the first date and those panties will drop," He tells me as I succeed in finding my biology papers.

I decide to ignore all of the crap he says about me being rich and smart, and go back to what he first said, "Ooohh, so you want a date, Barton? C'mon, tell us who you're gonna ask out."

"Don't try to change the subject, Stark." He tells me with a pink shade of embarrassment on his cheeks.

"Y'know, I think I'd like to know that too." Bruce tells him with a sly smirk on his face.

I begin to try maneuvering my green textbook out of my locker as Clint facepalms. When he removes his hand, I can see that his cheeks are now a deeper shade of red.

"Fine. If you must know, I was thinking about asking Natasha Romanoff out to a movie." He says quietly.

Bruce immediately bursts out into a fit of laughs that aren't so quiet, "T-the cheerleader?! She is way out of your league!"

"Oh, would you pipe down? We have a few classes together, and she doesn't seem very cheerleader like. She's a little mysterious." He says with a far away look in his eyes.

I finally fish my textbook out of my locker. I close it, but we still hang around because class still doesn't start for a bit. I lean against the lockers and I can't help but smile at Clint's little crush.

"Maybe you want to start with a little something below cheerleader. What about that boy on the track team? Pietro? I think he has a crush on you." I tell him, making the last word a little high pitched.

"Eh, he's not my type. Hey! We're supposed to be talking about you." I roll my eyes and tap my head against the locker behind me.

"Why are you so desperate to get me a date?" I ask Clint.

"Because if you get your playboy personality back, then you'll be more popular around the school. Then I get to be the popular boy's best friend!" He tells me, the red now starting to fade away from his cheeks.

"Clint I'm not the popular boy, I'm the smart boy," I say while pushing myself away from the lockers.

"You don't even throw parties anymore," He tells me with a sad tone.

I sigh and decide not to answer. I'm done bickering with him, and I know we're never going to agree on things. He'll do this to me sometimes, try to decide what's best for me when he doesn't even know what I'm going through.

"We better get to class, look who's coming," Bruce says as he points to the left of us.

I see the captain of the football team and a few of his minions striding proudly down the hall. It almost seems as if everyone in the school makes a clear path for that pretty boy, Steve Rogers.

I see that the people he is walking with are Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson, both wearing letterman jackets.

I scoff at the sight of them as I begin to walk out into the hall, "Yeah, we're right by his locker."

Bruce and Clint follow closely behind me with less disgusted looks on their faces.

"I bet that Steve could get any girl he wants," Clint tells us as he looks at him from the other side of the hall.

"Yeah? Well I think he takes steroids," I say.

They both ignore my remark as Bruce speaks up, "I actually that he was dating Natasha?"

"No... I hope not. If so, I'm probably going to get a beating if I make a move on her," Clint says while looking around me to see Bruce.

"Pfft, I think he just acts all tough," I tell Clint.

"Dude, he's captain of the football team, I think he's pretty tough. What do you have against him anyways?" He asks me in wonder.

"Everyone bows down to him just because he's won a few worthless games! That's not even going to matter in ten years. What's going to matter is my straight A's all through school getting me a scholarship in college," I say with a menacing voice.

"You can get a scholarship for playing sports too, Tony," Bruce tells me.

"Whatever, I just don't like the guy. I'll see you two during lunch," I tell them as I wave goodbye and walk into my biology class.