Chapter 2 ~Stronger Together~

It was the weekend that Ashlee trained with Superman. Ashlee sighed, "Alright, what's wrong?", she signed, "They're putting Kara through crazy training, I don't have to because I train with you." She sat down, "Also, the fact that everyday I get to watch her pine after James while Winn pines after her." He looked at her and she glanced down, "I don't want to always been known as Supergirl and Superman's sidekick." Clark looked at her and she sighed, "Haven, come in Haven." She looked down, "Winn, what is it? I'm in Metropolis." He sighed, "There is a massive fire burning down at National City Port. It's bad." Ashlee sighed, "You're going to have to get Kara, I don't know if I'll be able to get there soon enough." She stood up and walked outside, "Just in case Winn." He agreed and Clark followed her, "Ashlee, you aren't just a sidekick." She sighed, "Tell the world that." She flew off and made her way toward National City.

Ashlee sighed as she listened to the news, the first time she wasn't there to help Kara, everything went to shit. Maxwell Lord wasn't helping the situation early. "Forget about Supergirl's lack of experience, where was Haven? This is the trouble they'll being to National City. Look at Metropolis. Since Superman arrival, a veritable super bad guy war has been waged on that city. Their maintenance budgets have quadrupled. National City does not need Metropolis' problems." Ashlee rolled her eyes, "Who cares what Maxwell Lord thinks?", Ashlee looked at Winn, "You do. Aren't you one of his biggest fans? And let's not forget to mention that a lot of women are his fans, he's attractive." Kara and Winn both shot her looks and she shrugged, "Speaking the truth darlings." Ashlee turned toward the elevator, "Drunk at 9 am.", she stood and gathered the papers Cat would need, "She's here." Kara heated up the latte and Ashlee smiled and waited for Cat.

"We're all aware of Supergirl's latest debacle, yes? And Haven's lack of appearance at the port?" A man spoke up and Ashlee glanced down, "Supergirl made sure no one will surf in National City for the next 10,000 years. What a hero." Ashlee glared and her eyes light up slightly. "It was the lead story on The Daily Planet homepage, their fifth in as many days. Which annoys me because the daily planet already has a go-to Superhero." A man spoke up, "The Daily Planet also had a story about Haven helping Superman defeat a villian on Friday, and she's not been seen since." Cat looked at him, "And now they're trying to steal mine." A phone ran and Ashlee stepped out to answer it. "I want an interview with Supergirl and Haven." Ashlee's eyes widened and she looked into the office, "Oh hell no." Winn looked at her and she sighed. She sat down and her computer binged, How's Kara?, she sighed, She is fine. Cat is demanding interviews with Supergirl and Haven now because of what happened., Ashlee glanced down, "Aimee." She stood up and went into Cat's office, "Yes Miss Grant." Cat looked at her, "How'd the date go on Friday?", she sighed, "Bad, he was a jerk. He knew I worked her and only wanted to talk about Supergirl and Haven, I think he might have been a spy from another media outlet. I didn't say anything. I just, I wish someone would see me as me and not what I do." Winn was listening, "Sorry, I shouldn't have laid that on you. Anything you need Miss Grant?", Cat shook her head and Ashlee smiled, "I'll let you know when I do though." Ashlee nodded, "Of course." Ashlee walked out and sat down. "You went on a date?", Ashlee nodded, "Yeah, it was bad. Then a friend needed help so I went and spent the weekend with them." He went to question but Kara walked in, "Hey, we are needed." Ashlee nodded and walked away.

The pair walked into Plastico and Ashlee looked at the body, "What are they doing here?", Alex walked in, "I called them, sir. We hunt allies. They are aliens. It's a resource we didn't have before." Ashlee was looking at the body with narrowed eyes, "What can we do to help?", Hank spoke up, "Don't cause any oil spills, or disappear for 3 days again." Ashlee rolled her eyes and stood up, "I'm going to take a look around." Ashlee walked off, "Don't touch anything!", she chuckled. Ashlee sent something that made her think, "I've seen that before." Kara looked at her and she farrowed her eyebrows, "The alien is a Hellgrammite." Kara looked at her friend and Ashlee turned, "We have to stop this alien and fast." Ashlee walked out and Kara followed.