Legion Of The Black AU (Part II)

It's been four fucking weeks and they haven't returned. It's been four weeks since Prophet angrily confessed his love for you. Four weeks since you felt your world start to shatter and collapse. Four weeks since you lost one of the few people and things that keep you going in this hell of a life.

You sat on a box at the very edge of camp, looking out into the distance hoping to at least find a sign or something that allows you know the rebels and Prophet were coming back. You were starting to lose hope. You could feel it fade away from your heart and drip out of your veins. And it killed you. You wanted to have hope, you needed to have hope, but it was slipping away. You had started to think of the worse possible outcomes.

A thump brought you away from your thoughts. You turned your head to see Mourner sitting down on a box next to you. Finding nothing of interest, you faced the horizon again to watch the sun. You couldn't believe Prophet had actually made Mourner stay to fucking babysit you. It angered you, profusely. Did Prophet seriously think that you were going to go with him? You weren't! Not after that event that happened in his hut.

A sigh escaped your lips and you subconsciously played with a ring on your finger. It didn't mean anything to you. You had found it when you were going on a run to get supplies and scope out what was happening with F.E.A.R. It had a silver band and a tiny blue diamond. The diamond reminded you of Prophet's eyes and how they always looked at you protectively, with care and now love.

"You shouldn't lose hope," Mourner spoke, finally breaking the silence between you two.

"It's too late. I already have," you replied, your voice dead.

Mourner exhaled loudly, watching you play with the ring. Your fingers delicately twisted it and turned it, but never took it off. The wind had picked up and it ran through your hair, blocking your line of sight. The sun also started to descend, saying it's goodbyes for today. The moon was eager to make it's appearance and the stars were impatient to play, but they would all have to wait for the sun to leave.

"(Y/N), you need to eat something. You haven't eaten in two days," Mourner's concerned voice filled your ears.

You shrugged, you weren't hungry. You were too busy being dead inside to feel any emotion or need. "There are other's who need it more," you responded, trying to make your voice sound convincing.

Mourner shook his head. Worry and fright for you washed over him. "At least drink some water," he insisted, holding a plastic bottle filled with water.

You finally brought your eyes to meet his. You nodded and gently took the bottle from him. Unscrewing the lid, you pushed your hair back behind your ears. Sipping the bottle, you could feel Mourner's eyes on you. "I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble these past four weeks," you apologised, feeling guilt splash over you.

"Don't apologise. I'm only looking after you because I'm concerned for you. I knew if Prophet left after your little scenario, you'd be like this. I stayed to care for you," he replied, acknowledging your apology.

"Wait. So, Prophet didn't make you stay?" you questioned, confused.

Mourner let out a laugh. He actually find that funny. "Yes, he did. Even if he didn't, I would still stay," he informed you, smiling a bit.

"How do you know about our pissing match?" you asked, ashamed and embarrassed.

You hung your head to hide your red face. "Prophet told me about when he was ordering me to stay," he said. "You really didn't have the guts to tell him that you loved him too?"

Your head shot up and you stared at Mourner with the most peculiar expression. "What?"

Before Mourner got the chance to answer, a horn rang out through the air. It was distant and faint, but you could find the direction where it came from. Very soon, black dots appeared on the horizon. They were back, finally.

You looked at Mourner. "No! (Y/N), you need to stay here!" he demanded, knowing the certain glint in your eyes.

You didn't listen to him. You dropped the bottle on the ground and took off towards the rebels, sprinting as fast as you could. Mourner was hot on your tail, but he didn't seem to stopping you. Your feet pounded against the ground and your breath became hitched. The rebels were becoming closer with each stride you took.

Excitement ran through your veins, but nervousness did as well. It didn't slow you down though, in fact, it made you faster. You counted how many rebels were walking towards you and back to camp. That's when you slowed down, there was so little. At least a hundred went out and only twenty were returning. You scanned the line of rebels, that were still a fair bit away, searching for that one familiar figure. You couldn't find it.

Mourner stopped when he reached you. Confused, he looked over to the rebels and then realisation crossed him. That's not right, it can't be! He thought. Mourner gazed down at you, observing your expression. It was difficult to read, but he could find sadness and confusion.

"Mourner! Why, why are there only twenty rebels left?" you inquired, fear filling your voice and you turned to face him. "Mourner!"

He sighed, hating to see you like this. "I-I don't know. I think I see Destroyer," he answered and then ran up him, leaving you alone.

You watched them speak and saw Destroyer look over to you then shake his head at Mourner. You knew this was going to happen! You knew you were going to lose rebels! You knew it and Prophet didn't fucking listen! You couldn't take it anymore.

Taking a deep breath, you ran up to Mourner and Destroyer. "What happened?" you questioned Destroyer.

He sighed, looking at Mourner then you. "F.E.A.R, they must have known. We got there and it was empty. Then out of nowhere, they ambushed us on the way back. They took all lot of men. The rest of us, barely made it out. I'm so sorry (Y/N)," Destroyer answered, despair filling his voice and it sounding wobbly.

"Sorry for what?" you demanded angrily, your eyes becoming hot.

"They got Prophet."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hi all! It's me! So, it's the holidays and I shall be updating more. Yay! But only for like two weeks. Then it's back to hell. Anyway, you guys asked for part two. I gave you part two. Maybe there'll be a part three. But I will not make into a book, because I can never write stuff long enough or make a good plot line. Maybe if someone was to help me out, then I would be able to. Though, the past two parts will not be included but similar scenes would be placed instead.

Also, if you have any questions about anything don't be afraid to ask. Or if you got requests, just go back to details page cause I updated that.

Anyway that's all! Bye guys! Remember what makes you feel real!
~ Just_be_awesome.