"What?" She looked at me funnily, "Have you never seen those Mother Pearl Tempax commercials?" I shook my head speedily.

"No, I don't have a television."

She scoffed, "You're a young adult male and you don't have a television? No Xbox or anything either?" Again, I shook my head. "What kind of rare breed are you and where could I get more of you." She joked.

"I'm one of a kind, babe."

"Oh shut up," Lunging for my arm, she grinned looking back at the cityscape then back to me. "So where am I sleeping?"

Oh shit, I knew I was supposed to be doing something.

"About that..." I sheepishly grinned rubbing the back of my neck. "I hadn't fixed it up, you can help if you want?"

Sparks lit up her eyes and she eagerly nodded, grabbing my forearm and pulling me back inside my apartment.

WHEN YOU WERE A KID DID YOU ever have create a fort with all the blankets and pillows around your house to make your own little fort? Well, I didn't but in this very moment I honestly wished that I had

WHEN YOU WERE A KID DID YOU ever have create a fort with all the blankets and pillows around your house to make your own little fort? Well, I didn't but in this very moment I honestly wished that I had. Evelyn and I stood back and marvelled at our masterpiece. It was perfect. "Great job, little one." I uttered observing our fort-palace. We used bean bags inside the fort with a few of the lounge pillows with blankets and a tapestry or two draped across the room, I felt like May Belle seeing Terabithia for the first time, Evelyn rummaged in her bag and pulled out a small bear and an old set of string lights and hung them up above one of the bean bags.

"Please don't call me that."

"What shouldn't I call you, Little one?" I simpered laying back on one of the bean bags.

"That."

"I did't call you 'that' I called you, 'little one'?" Earning a pillow to my face.

"No one likes a smart ass." She glared at me coldly sitting on the bean bag opposite me so my feet were near her head.

"True, but they like my ass." I winked making her cheeks flush read, chuckling to myself we fell into a comfortable silence. "Hey, Evelyn?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did." She winked at me. NO, that's my thing.

I rolled my eyes at her, taking her smart-ass remark as approval, "If you don't want to answer, it's okay but why were you in the Library and for how long? Because no offence but you don't really look like a central London girl - it's not a bad thing, don't worry."

She nodded taking my words in, " If I tell you, promise not to laugh? It's a bit of a long story..." Her voice trailed off, her face looking uneasy but my mind was racing in wonder of how and why she was here, talking to me and telling me a fragment of her story so easily, perhaps it's the naiveté she had glowing in her eyes, the beauty in the fact that no one had quite yet destroyed every sense of hope that she held within her. The innocence that she held was beautiful but there was something that was behind that hope in her stony grey eyes that told me that this fragment of her story was the smallest and not one of the truthfully significant things that was in her life, there was something about how she held herself together that showed me that there was more to her story, and I wanted to read that book.