Chapter 1 ~Pilot~

The elevator of Catco dinged to show a brunette with blue eyes with glasses and a blonde with green eyes and glasses. The two were best friends, and Cat Grant's assistants. They were Kara Danvers and Ashlee Morgan. Kara held a latte cup and a bag with food in it while Ashlee held a news paper, a Manila folder, and a file for Cat to look over. The two walked in and their friend Winn Schott walked over with a tablet, "Do you two see this? There was an armored car robbery last night. There were no witnesses except for this homeless guy who swears the perp had horns.", Ashlee handed the Manila folder to a guy and smiled, "Thanks." Winn continued, "Like on his head.", Kara and Ashlee chuckled, "I'm telling you they're out there. Aliens!" Ashlee sighed, and Kara answered, "Winn there is no such thing as Aliens." The trip walked into the main bullpen for Catco and Winn looked at them, "You two might feel differently if you read this website." Ashlee looked at him, "You write that website.", Winn stuttered, "I contribute." Ashlee chuckled and walked over to her desk powering up her laptop and smiling at Kelly who had walked by, "Hey, um, I was wondering if you wanna, I don't know, go see a movie tonight." Kara sighed, "I. I can't. Im sorry. I have a date." Ashlee smirked, "Oh Kara when were you going to tell me? I've been with you all morning." Kara chuckled at her friend and Ashlee flashed a smile, "Date, really?", Ashlee rolled her eyes at Winn, ignoring the pain in her heart, "Mmm.", Winn walked over to her desk and Ashlee shook her head beginning her morning duties, an email from Ms. Grant to have the Fashion Article Editor to be in her office when she got there popped up and Ashlee sighed, "It says we're 82% compatible, so it should be good." Ashlee smiled, "I want to hear more about this date, but I have to go find Harry. Ms. Grant wishes to speak to him." She stood up and walked away, Kara chuckling at her friend. Ashlee walked over to the desk and asked the secretary to bring him up, when she turned her head slightly, "Ugh, this elevator is a human petri-dish. It's like standing in coach." Ashlee glanced back at them, "Tell him to hurry, Ms. Grant is on her way to her office as we speak." The secretary nodded and Ashlee walked over and stood in front of her desk with the files for Cat, Kara stood with her latte and breakfast. "She's here.", Winn looked at the two, "How do you two do that?", they smiled and looked toward the elevator. "Good morning, Miss Grant." Cat walked in, "The only reason I bought this building was because it had a private elevator. That way, I don't have to get soaked in cheap cologne every morning getting to my office. Aimee, find out who used it, have them reprimanded, or bathed, I don't care which.", Ashlee nodded and Kara smiled, "Right away Miss Grant. Here is the files you asked for." Cat nodded and Ashlee walked out with a sigh, "You're downsizing the Tribune? But that was your first acquisition." Ashlee paused slightly, "Maybe I should have had Aimee do it, she's so good at being mean when needed." Ashlee sighed, "Go see if the new art director has the layout ready." Ashlee glanced up to see Harry running in and she crinkled her nose as she smelt the cologne Cat was upset about. Ashlee sighed, she'll be writing up his termination papers. Ashlee turned and walked back into Cat's office, "Miss Grant, Harry is here and I've also found the cologne wearer that used your elevator." Cat could tell that it was Harry, "Send him in and join Kerah with the art director layouts, just in case." Ashlee nodded, "Yes, Miss Grant." The two turned and began their journey. "Cat wants a hero in a cape." Ashlee looked at her, "Just because we are like Kal-El doesn't mean we have to be like Kal-El, Kara. Normal, fitting in. Clark has that problem because he is socially awkward at times because of him being who he is. We will not be that way. Come along, I got a message this morning from your dashing cousin, we have a new friend."

The two opened the door, "Hello?", Ashlee rolled her eyes, "Really?", Kara sent a playful glare and Ashlee rolled her eyes, "Hello?", a man's voice answered, "I'll be just a minute.", Ashlee rolled her eyes, "Miss Grant sent us for the layouts and she doesn't like waiting." The pair turned the corner and Ashlee smirked, "Well she can wait a minute." Ashlee rolled her eyes, "I'm sure Clark told you about the frightening Ashlee Morgan and have you met Miss Grant, Mr. Olsen." He chuckled, "Clark may have mentioned the assistant a few times, what's she going to do? Fire me right after hiring me?", he turned and stood quickly seeing Clark Kent's friend and Kara, "It's a possibility. Once I'm done here I am going upstairs to write termination letters from some Tribune workers and Harry." She smiled and he stood, "Hey. I'm the new guy." Ashlee looked at the two and smirked, she was so telling Clark that his best friend and little cousin are in love. "Kara, you can handle this. I have to go write termination papers." Kara went wide eyed and Ashlee smirked, walking out. She smirked and Winn looked at her, "What's with the face?", Ashlee chuckled, "Kara has a new friend." He looked at her and she chuckled, messaging Clark and writing the termination papers at the same time.