3

Back to the present time...

After being disturbed from her sleep by none other that her cheerful assistant, she was not able to go back to sleep. 'Great!' she whisper-yelled to herself.

She stood up from hed king size bed and went straight to the bathroom to take a bath because as much as she hates to admit it she kinda smells like alcohol. A few minutes later she popped out from the bathroom feeling clean and freshed and took her phone from the bedside table and dialled her assistant's number. After a few rings she heard that all to familiar perky voice.

"Good morning, Princess. So nice of you to give me a call back." Normani, her personal assistant said. Normani and Lauren kind of developed a strong love-hate work relationship since the black girl is very hands on when it comes to her job. She likes to keep everything organized, she likes to make sure that everything is in place and Lauren on the other hand doesn't like to be instructed. She's spontaneous and not in a good way and it makes her and Normani break into an argument. If it's another person aside from her Mom telling her what to do, she would have given them her piece of mind but when it comes to Normani, she really doesn't mind. She loves getting into the black girl's nerves and she's also a good sport that's why during the course of time they became best friends.

"Stop it, Mani. Why did you called me at seven in the fucking morning? I thought i made it clear not to disturb me when I was sleeping." She growled through the phone.

"Stop being a brat. I was just checking if you were still alive seeing how hammered you were last night. Do you even remember what you've done?" Mani snarled back. "Check out the news. There's alot of photo of you flirting and kissing random girls."

"Really? Were they hot?" she joked trying to lighten the situation.

"You're an ass. Do you know that? My goodness! I swear you keep getting worse. I wouldn't be surprised if one day both of us will get fired. You, from being such a player and a brat and me, for not keeping you under control." She ranted.

"Haha!! They wouldn't do that. I'm too precious to let go and give me a break, I just won another award so I was suppose to celebrate." She fought back. "Anyway, I remember getting my flirt on with Taylor Swift and might have kissed some girls but that's about it. I didn't ask for it. They gave it to me for free." The thing about Lauren is she knows that she's hot and boys and girls want her and she's definitely using it to her advantage. "Look at the bright side, Mani, at least I didn't take someone home coz that, my friend, will definitely be a headline."

Normani could hear her friend's amusement and pride over the phone. Dont get her wrong she loves her to pieces but sometimes she just wanna strangle her.

"I swear, Jauregui, someday you're gonna meet someone who will teach you a lesson you will never forget. And I'm praying for her to come sooner."

"Woah! That's an awesome prayer. Please also include on your prayer for the girl to be beautiful, intelligent and sexy." She joked earning a growl from the girl on the other line.

"Whatever, jerk! Anyway, have you already checked your e-mails?" she trailed off waiting for the other girl to respond. "Of course, you dont! Why did I even ask! I sent you the details for the upcoming BBMA. You got a few nominations and they want you to perform a song so you better practice."

"Oh cool! I cant wait! I can already feel the smell of victory in the air."

"I don't know if that's you being positive or just being your usual cocky self. Either way keep it up. Let's pray that you win." Mani said. She, also, is kinda positive that they'll win seeing as the girl's new single topped the charts for a few weeks and her other songs doing great on the list as well. She's very proud of Lauren for doing so well. She might be a complete ass at times but when it comes to music, she gives her hundred and one percent. "Hey, I gotta go know. I have to save your golden ass again. Trust me, I'm running out of ideas here to tell the media so please be on your best behaviour."

"Yes, Ma'am! Scout's honor." Mani was about to hang up when she heard Lauren spoke again. "I'm not sure if you're aware how grateful I am to have you. Thanks, Mani for everything. You're awesome." She heard Lauren's voice full of sincerity and she cant help but feel proud.

"Going soft on me now, Jauregui? I thought you're a bad ass." Mani joked. She's really not used to hear a serious Lauren.

"I am a badass! I just wanna say that because after BBMA, I'm sure you'll do a lot of saving ass." She laughed and Normani couldn't help but chuckle.

"Whatever! You're such a bitch. I gotta go, Bye!"

"Bye!"