back and better ;

it's been exactly a year and three weeks since carls first day in juvie. it's honestly been lonely without him since he was really the only person that knew how to have fun. I got closer to lip also, in a friendly way though, we both knew we didn't have feelings like that for each other. I've been staying at the Gallagher house a few times a week since I never really have anything better to do in life, plus he asked me to stay sometime. but I was nice enough to ask. mandy didn't seem to like me, I guess that could be a reason why she left out of state. I guess she thought me and lip were more than friends, that explains why she was up my ass 24/7 asking me questions and pulling lip away when he would talk to me.

lip opened up the door and peeped his head in. "Yo... I got news." he walked in and sat on the corner of the bed. I looked up from my phone.

"what's up?" he scooted a little closer to me.

"you remember how mandy attempted to enroll me in MIT?"

"what are you trying to say lip?" I started worrying a little.

"I got in. And I kinda wanna go..."

I smiled. "go!!! I'm not gonna stop you from going." I thought about it. I knew it was a good idea since he would be the first gallagher to go to college, and also it would help the family a lot.

"thanks y/n. really do appreciate it." he smiled. "Im moving out next week..."

"that's good. I could still visit you right?" I asked

"of course. plus I'm sure carl will keep you company once he gets out."

"yeah."

well there goes another person leaving me.

---
[a month later]

"I could watch liam today, it's a non student day at school and I got nothing else to do." I asked as fiona was pacing back and forth stressed out.

"you'd do that for me?" she asked thankful.

"yeah of course." I smiled picking up liam.

"thank you so much hun." she nervously smiled and hurried out the door.

I sat liam on the couch.

"do you love me liam?" I giggled

"I can't do that." he giggled back.

"why not?" I raised my eyebrows.

"because carl would get mad if I said yat to you." he smiled getting up and running away from me.

I gave a confused look and quickly chased him.

"LIAM!!" I laughed getting behind him and lifting him up.

"you're getting heavier!!" I laughed tickling him.

the door slammed opened and I quickly put down liam.

"AYE!! ANYONE HOME?!" a deep voice yelled. It sounded like a black dude.

I grabbed a bat nearby and walked by the door whispering Liam to get back. when I took another step,

there he was. Carl Gallagher. my eyes opened wide as I dropped the bat.

"CARL!!!!!" I screamed with a huge smile. I ran up to him and jumped onto him hugging him.

he laughed and held me as I had my hips and arms around him.

"aye girl your ass got bigger." he smirked as he put his hands on my butt.

I quickly got off and rolled my eyes but kept a smile on my face.

"you're out early!!!" I said excitedly.

"yee. what's been poppin' home girl?" he smiled.

"um... well lips in college. I'm taking care of Liam... and.. oh my." I made a weird look as I looked at his hair.

"cornrows??" I raised my eyebrows.

"yeah girl. I'm back and I'm better." he smiled nodding his head up and down.

why is he acting like a black dude?