-Chapter Seventeen-

"I'm fed up of my dad and your mom bossing us around." Stiles said, sat on the changing room benches watching Derek change.

"Yeah well, there's not much we can do about." He sprayed his pits with his deodorant and threw on his top.

"I just want to be alone with you." Derek nods.

"Yeah?" Derek slumps down next to Stiles. "We're alone now." He tries to be seductive, winking at Stiles and he blushes in return. Derek leans close, lips edging closer to Stiles', he licks his bottom lip whilst looking down at Stiles' lips.

"Not anymore." Stiles says, pushing Derek away with a hand on his chest. Scott barges in through the door, a questioning look on his face.

"Are you coming to the cinema tonight or what? Allison is getting impatient." Stiles sighs loudly getting up quickly.

"I think you'd take a long time changing after that gross sweaty lacrosse session." Derek said grumpily. "We're ready." Derek follows the two best friends, to Allison's car.

|°|°|°|

The night sky had the moon hung up high. Stiles yawned, slapping Derek's cheek lightly.

"Can you buy me toffee popcorn?" Derek hums and nodded.

"Yeah whatever." Stiles grinned, and quickly pressed his lips to Derek's.

"Thanks." He grinned again. Derek wondered to the counter, to purchase Stiles' toffee popcorn.

"So you two are serious then, huh?" Allison asked Stiles, looking over to their boyfriends who were both purchasing snacks.

"Yeah, I like him. A lot." Stiles nods, blushing lightly at Allison's smirk.

"Is it true your dad caught you in bed with him?" She asks in a slightly hushed and curious voice, Stiles' eyes widened.

"God I'm gonna kill Scott."

"Ah so he wasn't lying. Stiles, that's so embarrassing!"

"I'm mean at least we weren't fucking the crap out of each other..." Stiles adds in a quiet voice.

"What happened?"

"Well we woke up and Derek was panicking because his mom would know he wasn't at home and my dad just walked in." Stiles cringed a little. "He basically banned us from being in a room together alone."

"Ah, how has that been then?"

"Awful. We had to watch a film with him and not hold hands or anything - dad told his mom about banning us from being in the same room and now she's doing it too."

"Gosh, have you actually had any physical contact recently then or?"

"Well we held hands under the table at dinner with my dad and kissed in the changing rooms but other than that, no."

"That's awful."

"At least I'm still allowed to see him." Stiles adds laughing, Allison laughing alongside him.

"Your majesty." Scott says, handing Allison the nachos.

"Ooh thank you!" She pecks Scott's lips, making Derek cringe a little as he passed the toffee popcorn to Stiles.

"Thanks." Stiles said, smiling. Derek nodded, shoving his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket. He seemed uncomfortable in the company of Scott and Allison.

"Should we go head to the film then?" Allison asked Stiles and Derek, her arm linked to Scott's. Stiles nodded at her, so she turned her attention back to Scott and they followed the other two into cinema room 3.

The room was practically empty, only a few others lingering near the front of the room. Scott and Allison sat two rows in front of Derek and Stiles, who were sat on the back row. The film was entirely boring, as are many.

"I really don't think your dad would appreciate me sitting here, with you, alone." Derek whispered into Stiles' ear.

"My dad isn't here." Stiles whispered in reply, taking Derek's hand and squeezing it. The film played on, neither of the two interested, however.

"Did you even tell him I was going?"

"No!" Stiles replied in a tone that made Derek sound dumb. "He'd probably turn up to make sure we weren't doing anything." Derek laughed, his stubble brushing against Stiles' forehead. "You know we could-" Stiles looked over the two rows in front, to Scott and Allison pointing out to Derek how Scott had his hand up Allison's skirt already.

"No." Derek said seriously. "I just want to enjoy your company." He pulls Stiles closer to him, Stiles leaning his head into Derek's chest. Stiles hummed, smiling into Derek's neck.

"I love you." Stiles let the words slip out, his mind not comprehending the meaning behind the three words. He widened his eyes, pulling away from Derek in panic. "I-uh..." Stiles got up, taking off mumbling something about going to the toilet. Allison noticed, pointing it out to Scott, who simply distracted her with a kiss. Derek's eyes widened too. He sat there for a second to just take in what had just happened. He blushed. No one (besides family) had ever told him that.

"What the fuck." He muttered and got up to follow Stiles.

He burst through the door to the toilets, not entirely sure of how he should be reacting.

"Stiles?" He called, looking at the floor of the cubicles for a pair of feet. He spotted shoes. "I know you're in there." The tapped the cubicle door with his knuckles. There was a flush of a toilet and the door swung open. An elderly man with white hair walks out, shaking his head and sending a raised eyebrow Derek's way.

"Sorry." Derek says quietly. The man washed his hands and then left quickly. "Stiles?" His voice became soft, breaking Stiles' heart. "You don't have to hide away." Then Derek heard him breathing quietly, heart racing. "Please don't." Stiles sighed, the short but deep breath he let out, recognisable to Derek's wolfie hearing.

"I didn't mean it, I've messed things up now." He let a tear or two drop from his eyes, cringing at himself. Derek hesitated biting his lip nervously. "I knew it." Stiles said quietly after the moment of silence in which Derek didn't reply.

"You haven't, I refuse to let it mess things up. Stiles come out." Derek stood, bravely outside the other cubicle, head held high waiting for his prince to come out of hiding.