-Chapter Seven-

Stiles slapped at his arm.

"Batman is the best, Spider-Man sucks." Stiles announced, laughing.

"Spider-Man is so much cooler though! He spurts stringy white crap out that saves people's lives." Derek replied, defending his favourite.

"Oh god. That sounds so-" Derek shot him a glare and the pair suddenly burst into laughter.

"Are you two coming down for tea, or are you sit there having laughing fits?" The Sheriff asked standing at the door of Stiles' room. Stiles nudged Derek's arm.

"Let's go."

For tea, there was curly fries alongside a small dish of lasagna. They all munched it down pretty easily, gulping down some lemon and lime juice afterwards.

"So are you staying the night?" Sheriff asked, glancing across the pair. Derek looked to Stiles, who was staring back.

"Yeah he can." Stiles said quickly, and then eats a mouthful of curly fries.

"Sure he can, but does he want to?" Sheriff asked, looking towards Derek. Feeling uncomfortable, Derek looks to Stiles, who offers no help and simply states back.

"Yeah, sure." He puts on somewhat of a smile on his face and avoids eye contact to Stiles.

"There we go then." Sheriff replies and the three eat their tea quickly.

|°|°|°|

"Derek?" Humming in response, Derek yawns. "Did you really want to stay here?" Derek hesitates, and turns over to face Stiles on the bed that they're sharing.

"Well I think it's nice of you to return the favour." Stiles laughed a little, lying on his back. "Besides, your bed is surprisingly comfier than mine."

"I agree with that, your bed is like stone!"

"It's not that bad."

"It is!" Derek nudges Stiles with his head. He places his hands deep within Derek's hair and ruffles it. "You honestly need to buy a new bed."

"I might just steal yours." Derek laughed into Stiles' shoulder.

"Steal? No, no, no. Share? Maybe."

"You already are sharing it with me." Stiles found himself nodding.

"Yeah...I am." Laughing, they both settled down into the bed. "Der?" The nickname made Derek's stomach drop a little.

"Yeah?"

"Lydia asked me about what happened the other night." Stiles turned serious.

"Yeah?"

"She asked me what I remembered." There was a slight pause in the air. "I told her something..."

"What was it?"

"That...you almost kissed me." Derek took in a sharp intake of breath.

"You remember?"

"I remember everything." Stiles said quietly. And he doesn't regret it.

"I didn't mean to-"

"It just makes me wonder, if I really wanted to kiss you back?" Derek stayed quiet, not sure of how to reply. "Der?" Derek didn't reply, a little too stunned to talk. "I wanted to." Stiles took in a gulp of air. Derek still had no reply, so he just made himself comfy on Stiles' shoulder. And neither of them spoke.

|°|°|°|

"Derek?" Derek groaned, humming. "Der." He groaned again. "We have school soon."

"How soon?" Stiles swallowed hard at Derek's deep morning voice.

"Um...One hour." Yawning, Derek sat up. Stiles followed, sitting up next to him. He blushed lightly at Derek's and his shirtless bodies next to each other, their hips touching.

"Let's get ready then."

"Boys! Breakfast." Smiling at Derek, Stiles climbing over Derek's body and ran out of the room and down the stairs. Derek stood up.

"Shit." He looked down to his boxers.

|°|°|°|

Derek smiled awkwardly at the dining table, picking up a spoon to eat the waffles. Stiles scowled suspiciously.

"Are you okay?"

"Yep." He replied to Stiles in one short way. Stiles frowned, confused.

"The waffles are nice," Stiles said to his father. "Sweet." Derek stared at his own waffles, looking worried as if he had been caught red handed.

"Derek. Are you good?" Sheriff asked. "If it's the waffles, don't feel the need to eat them."

"No. No the waffles are...amazing." Sheriff Stilinski raised an eyebrow. "Then what's the face for?"

"Tired." Derek replied one wordidly again, making both the Sheriff and Stiles eye Derek suspiciously. Derek crossed his legs and then the penny dropped for Stiles, a sudden look of realisation washed over his face. Then he smirked.

|°|°|°|

"Do you want to borrow some clothes?"

"I'll borrow a shirt...not that any will fit."

"This one should." Stiles said, tossing Derek a checkered red and black shirt. Derek threw it on, the shirt just about fitting, although tightly.

"It'll do." Stiles nodded, staring at Derek's torso. "Now quit staring." Stiles' blush lightly dusted his fair skin.

"I wasn't staring."

"Then what do you call it?" Derek paused, smirking a little. "Admiring?"

"No way." Stiles said. "I was not admiring you."

"It sure looked like it."

"Well it sure looked like you had a boner at my kitchen table this morning." Stiles smirked as Derek's face dropped. "Don't think I didn't notice, because I did. Want to admit why that was?" Grinning, Stiles declared himself the winner of the war between the two.

"It's morning!" Derek spluttered out, embarrassed. Stiles laughed loudly at him and caused Derek's face to unwillingly redden. "Shut up." He added quietly.

|°|°|°|

"What lesson is first?" Derek hummed.

"It's PE, try not to get hit in the face this time."

"Yeah...I wouldn't want that again, have you seen my eye? It's still hella purple."

"I wouldn't want that either." Derek said, pulling his backpack further up his shoulder. The conversation died off and they made themselves comfortable in the silence whilst walking to the locker room to change.

|°|°|°|

"Did you sleep around his last night?" Lydia asked Derek, as they ran around the track.

"Yes." Derek continued to jog.

"What happened?"

"He told me that he remembered. Especially the almost kiss." Derek paused, breathing heavily from the exercise. "That he told you about..."

"Yeah." Lydia hisses, annoyed that Derek didn't tell her. "What happened then? Did you kiss him?"

"No. I seized up and didn't really say anything..." Lydia sighed for Derek.

"You're a complete fool."

"I know." Derek replied quietly.

"Alright! Off you go." Coach yelled.

"Derek?" Lydia asked.

"What?"

"Go snog his face off whilst changing." She winked at him and he blushed, heading to the locker room.