18. Setting The Record Straight

A Few Days Later

A N A S T A S I A

I sat in my office counting up all the money we had made this week. So far it was up to 5 million, but I knew there was way more than that coming. Ahmad and Johan had decided to move half of their operation to Cali. Apparently Ahmad wanted to be closer to me in case another incident occurred. I wasn't worried but I was glad he decided to come out here.

I was thinking about just joining up our operations but I wasn't sure yet. I looked at the money counter and it was up to 20 million. All of a sudden my daddy came in.

"Hey baby girl" he said and I slightly smiled before walking over to him and hugging him

"Hey daddy. How are you?"

"I'm good, can't complain" he slightly coughed and cleared his throat. "How are things with the business?"

"Everything is fine daddy."

"You sure? I heard y'all was having some problems out here" he said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Yes I'm sure. I'm a big girl daddy. I can handle any so-called problems that come my way"

"Mmhm" he said chuckling. "Anyways I came out here because I wanted to take you and Jordan to lunch today"

I scrunched my face up. "Why Jordan gotta come?"

"Come on Ana. You know he's like the son I never had. I practically been raising the boy since he was 14"

I frowned at him seeing as how he had never even acknowledged Cameron's existence before he died.

"Alright whatever, I'll text him and let him know" I said pulling out my phone.

"Are you two having problems or something?"

"No why do you ask?"

"You two just seem so distant now."

"No. We're fine as far as I know. He said where do you want him to meet us at?"

"Bay Breeze" he said grabbing his keys. I nodded my head and texted Jordan before following my dad out of the warehouse.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

C A M E R O N

"Alright, young man. Everything seems to be looking good so far. Your tests have improved and your body is finally back to normal"