Chapter 10. An argument and dinner.

I heard the door of my little music room opening and I inmediately put the folder back on the drawer. I saw Peter standing there.

"Hey..."

"So you're back from your trip"

"Yep. And I've got something for you"

He gave me a bouquet of roses and a tiny box. I left them both on the desk without even looking at them and I got up from my chair.

"No present is going to stop me from being mad at you" I said as I left my guitar on its case.

"Are you still mad?"

"I can't even believe you are asking me that"

"I've been gone for a week, can I at least know why you're angry at me now?"

"Well, maybe because you didn't come to your best friend's wedding?"

"I apologized and I called him a couple of times, what else did you want me to do?"

"You could've stayed here instead of going on that stupid trip!"

"It's not stupid, I am trying to plan our wedding!"

"You don't have to go to freaking Bahamas to plan the wedding! You don't even have to leave London for it!"

"You said you'd like to get married there"

"I just said it because you were so excited and you were making a huge effort"

"I still don't understand why you're so angry, Nate isn't!"

"Do you actually believe Nate isn't upset about you not going to his wedding? Will you be happy if he doesn't come to ours?"

"I'd understand. I didn't go to his because I was trying to plan ours so it can be perfect"

"That doesn't justify anything. You were supposed to be there supporting your best friend. We were supposed to give a speech, together. But instad, I had to do it on my own, because I had to go alone, because you didn't want to go"

"You're overreacting. Sometimes I'd like you to be more understanding, you could at least try to be, you know"

"I don't believe what you did is understandable, that's all. And by the way, don't you think you're the one overreacting with out wedding?"

"Right now, it's the one thing I care the most about. Shouldn't it be your priority too?"

"No! It shouldn't! 'Cause in case you haven't noticed this damn wedding isn't as important to me as it is to you! I don't care if we get married in Bahamas or at home! I don't care if the dishes are white or blue! I don't care about that kind of stuff and you know that"

"Yeah, it's alright. Don't you worry about the wedding anymore, I won't either. Because if this isn't as important to you as it is to me, there'll be no wedding"

"Peter, I didn't mean to..."

He didn't even let me finish. He stormed out of that room and I stood there in silence, as if I was waiting for him to come back. I got out, but he had already left the house. I texted him, but got no reply. I didn't even call him, he'd make up as son as he came back home. It was always like that.

Niall's POV:

"Harry, I'm serious. She had a folder full of stuff about me, about us"

"Niall, you're insane. You probably saw a few pictures and thought it was full of pictures of you two"

"Nope. There were like fifty potos of us, and the letter I wrote to he ron Christmas, and loads of quotes, and songs, and poems"

"You were drunk that night. Besides, those quotes, songs and poems could've been for someone else"

"I wasn't drunk and I swear to you those were for me, why should she keep them with pictures of me if they weren't?"

"Maybe she wrote those songs years ago"

"Maddie always writes the date of the songs she writes. They were recent"

"You're probably exaggerating"

"Do you want me to bring the folder or what?"

"Oh, that would be so cool" he laughed.

"Then I'm going to get it" I said getting up.

"Are you crazy? I was just joking man!"

"I'm going to bring you that folder and then you'll have to believe me"

Harry tried to stopped me, but he couldn't. I got in my car and drove to Maddie's.

Maddie's POV:

I looked again to the pictures on the folder one by one. I couldn't stop looking at them since Nate and Leigh's wedding. I must admit it's weird and awkward that I keep every single thing I had left from Niall and that I still wrote songs and poems about him even though I was engaged. But the truth is that our relationship had always been a huge inspiration for me and I could always write songs about it for my job. We had been through literally everything: from hate to love, from happiness to sadness. We had had all kind of fights and make ups. I still wrote a lot about our break up. Oh, I guess none of you know how we broke up. It was two years ago. It wasn't very problematic, but it wasn't easy either. It was actually very hard, or at least it was for me.

I suddenly heard the doorbell ring and I smiled at the thought of Peter coming back to say he was sorry. But I opened the door and Peter wasn't there. However, Niall was.

"Niall?"

"Hey Maddie. You might be wondering why I'm here but truth is I just felt like seeing you" he grinned.

"So here I am" I replied letting him in.

Niall's POV:

That situation was pretty awakward and I didn't know what to say.

"Do you want a drink?" she asked.

"Hmm yeah, just a glass of water. And I have to admit I am starving"

"Can I make you a sándwich?"

"Sure, thanks. I have to go to the bathroom first though"

"Alright. You already know where it is"

I nodded and got in the music room. There was nothing on the desk. I looked for it on the shelves and inside some books and notebooks, but it wasn't there. I opened the first drawer of the table and there it was. I put it under my t-shirt and went back to the kitchen, where Maddie was making my sándwich.

"Hey, I have to go to the car, because I forgot my phone there. I'll be here in a second" I told her.

"Oh, fine. I'll just wait here"

I smiled and ran down the stairs. I left the folder inside my car and went back to her house. Harry would have to believe me now.